Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I'm on the other end of the upset debate. It sucks that something that was supposed to be limited to 100 is now going to be limited to 250, even though 150 is one solid color. I feel for the guy, as you just can't please everyone. I wish he would at least make the added 150 maybe a different cover as well. Oh well. Moving on...

It bothers me only because it makes the presence of "false rare" on this item. It was supposed to be limited to the 100 for die hard. Then all of a sudden people bitch and he feels the need to do a 2nd pressing of it.

Hey dopethrone record he pressed sold out and i never got to buy it. Think he will press it now because im complaining about it?

Damn, probably wouldn't have snagged a diehard if I'd know that I could get the live separately. Oh well, lucky to have gotten it anyway.

It bothers me only because it makes the presence of "false rare" on this item. It was supposed to be limited to the 100 for die hard. Then all of a sudden people bitch and he feels the need to do a 2nd pressing of it.

Hey dopethrone record he pressed sold out and i never got to buy it. Think he will press it now because im complaining about it?

This is exactly how I'm feeling. I understand people were upset about the Paypal thing, especially if you don't have access to a card. I freaked out and jumped out of my comfy bed to grab my wallet. Then my regular card didn't work and I had to use another. I hope he charges at least $25 for the live record, considering that's how much extra the diehard buyers had to pay to get the supposed /100. If he charges less I will really feel like a sucker. It's funny that I just happened to be awake and made the last minute decision to buy it.

I think a simple future solution is to just press more of the diehard and obi editions. More sales, more happy people, maybe a little less whining. Then maybe he can lower the price a tad. I've never run a label, so I can't claim to know anything about this.

Exactly. I bought a diehard for the live lp and a not so standard b/c I actually really like the look of it. I would have potentially saved myself some cash if I had missed out on the diehard (except for that damn shipping up north) and scored the second run live lp.

All his stuff always sells out.  Why not make the run for each variant a little more?  It'd still sell. . .he'd make more money, the band would make more money, fewer 3rd party sellers would turn a profit-everyone's happy.

Totally agree that it sucks what happened today, but 100 fans still got the diehard, and the people that didn't are disappointed, as they always are when they miss out. It would not be a good principle to set, making those that grabbed the diehard feel like suckers for spending more for supposed rarity.

The whole PayPal issue doesn't bother me. He probably should have checked the system first before letting everyone start buying the album, and that probably would have prevented the fiasco.

I guess I'm with Twisted and Lexicon in that I buy the die-hard partially for the "rarity" of it and now because people bitched about it he decides right away to do a 2nd pressing of the live LP. It is what it is. I also wish he would lower his prices a little. I have no problem paying for any of his records but I think he is starting to price other people out.