Blink 182 - Blink 182 2xLP splatter vinyl Hot Topic exclusive

travis

I can't even imagine how incredible these shows are.  I read that on Wednesday they didn't say anything to the audience until about 9 or 10 songs in.   Did they have any other unique merch there, or just the posters?

Yea I thought it was kinda weird on Wednesday that the band didnt say much. After a few songs Mark did some band member intros and then later on Tom said a couple dirty things and that was about it. They really didnt talk much which kinda sucks cause I love their on-stage banter. I've noticed they have been doing that less since they've started touring again. Back in the day when they were touring on Dude Ranch and even though TOYPAJ they would talk a lot more and I always thought Mark and Tom were really funny on stage together.

They had some other S/T related merch. If you cant make it to the shows Hot Topic will be carrying a couple different S/T tee designs soon.

yeah... The way the palladium handled the crowds was not the greatest way...

Being there the first night (like Travis was) I was on the non-"VIP" side of the balcony. By the time they filled the place to capacity, the people being those on the railing at the balcony were quite pushy because you were blocking their view. It would not be hard to imagine someone getting pushed over. I'm 5'10" and the railing was a little below crotch level. When we first got there, we were told that there were two options for balcony: one side for people who purchased VIP (where I was) and actual VIP (where Travis was). Then, they let EVERYONE go up to the "purchased-VIP" section and it became more crowded than the pit, which is when people started getting pushy... 

Thanks Travis, I am looking forward to some of those blink shirts.  The banter was made very obvious on the MTTS album, but I have noticed the banter has been less and less recently.  At the Atlantic City show in Sept,  Mark seemed to talk a lot more and Tom would say a few awkward things here and there but they rocked out and didn't bullshit much.  It almost seemed like Tom was sick or something, IDK. 

Yea I thought it was kinda weird on Wednesday that the band didnt say much. After a few songs Mark did some band member intros and then later on Tom said a couple dirty things and that was about it. They really didnt talk much which kinda sucks cause I love their on-stage banter. I've noticed they have been doing that less since they've started touring again. Back in the day when they were touring on Dude Ranch and even though TOYPAJ they would talk a lot more and I always thought Mark and Tom were really funny on stage together.

They had some other S/T related merch. If you cant make it to the shows Hot Topic will be carrying a couple different S/T tee designs soon.

I agree with this. The second night they seemed way more into it and talked a lot more. Not sure why, I would think they would be more excited for the first night then the second. At the Q&A they were talking about how they don't talk on stage much anymore but never really said why. I do like that they play two different songs in the encore each night though! Last night was Dick Lips & Natives.

I agree with this. The second night they seemed way more into it and talked a lot more. Not sure why, I would think they would be more excited for the first night then the second. At the Q&A they were talking about how they don't talk on stage much anymore but never really said why. I do like that they play two different songs in the encore each night though! Last night was Dick Lips & Natives.

I would have really liked to hear those 2 songs live. Natives was my favorite song on the last album and anything off Dude Ranch rules.

So happy they played Natives!

They played natives at the first nights soundcheck... That and dysentery Gary and a couple of other songs that were on untitled. also, during the first q&a tom made it very clear that he was just barely recovering from illness. During the first show he also kept going to the back and drinking tea or something to that nature. I think that's why the lack of banter and enthusiasm. They still delivered one hell of a performance

• 3 weeks later...