Panic at the Disco - Pretty Odd purple vinyl Hot Topic exclusive - ON SALE

travis

Man Hot Topic is really creeping towards that $30 for an LP mark...seems like $20+ has become the norm. I mean it's not even like their packaging is elaborate or anything, usually it is pretty damn bare bones.

Oh well, I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that i'm going to not be able to afford to keep up with this hobby for much longer :(

With a possible Riot repress should I sell my 1st press white now. Hmmmmmmm

Sell it before the news gets out! $100!

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that i'm going to not be able to afford to keep up with this hobby for much longer :(

I've never been able to afford it, and I'm planning a pretty elaborate setup upgrade ;) Slowly but surely! Do what you love best you can.

Man Hot Topic is really creeping towards that $30 for an LP mark...seems like $20+ has become the norm. I mean it's not even like their packaging is elaborate or anything, usually it is pretty damn bare bones.

Oh well, I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that i'm going to not be able to afford to keep up with this hobby for much longer :(

In Hot Topic's defense, I'll bet the licensing fees for many of these releases are outrageous.

With a possible Riot repress should I sell my 1st press white now. Hmmmmmmm

I put up Panic at the Disco's A Fever album on gold vinyl that I never listened to up on eBay and it sold today for $76. I seen it being up for sale sealed for over $100 so I put my copy up for $60 just to test the waters. I was surprised how many people viewed it and that it had over 10 bids on it.

In Hot Topic's defense, I'll bet the licensing fees for many of these releases are outrageous.

Meh, I don't buy that being the reason. They just know a bunch of people will happily pay $20-$25 so that's what they are charging. I don't neccesarily blame them, they are a large corporation and their goal is to make money. It's what they do. I just can't help to think that while flawed (see MTS and suburban home) i'd much prefer to see these represses being done by smaller labels/distros. As much shit as RJ got for MTS (which he deserved) he did at least put together really nice looking, high quality 2xLP packages when he charged $25 a pop. Hot Topic is charging nearly the same for high run, single LP's in cheap/standard packaging.

Meh, I don't buy that being the reason. They just know a bunch of people will happily pay $20-$25 so that's what they are charging. I don't neccesarily blame them, they are a large corporation and their goal is to make money. It's what they do. I just can't help to think that while flawed (see MTS and suburban home) i'd much prefer to see these represses being done by smaller labels/distros. As much shit as RJ got for MTS (which he deserved) he did at least put together really nice looking, high quality 2xLP packages when he charged $25 a pop. Hot Topic is charging nearly the same for high run, single LP's in cheap/standard packaging.

I agree with what you are saying, I just think that on the scale of Hot Topic, there isn't a lot of money in some of these pressings of around 1000 unless you charge more for it. While I don't personally like paying nearly $30 for many of these releases, I feel like many of them would not ever get pressed if it weren't for someone like Travis working so hard to make them happen. There is definitely a cost for this.

This is exciting, but I found a great copy at Bull Moose about a month ago for $12.99!  

Anyways, I am surprised that MCR has not been repressed.  I am sure people would go nuts for Three Cheers... and The Black Parade.

Also, I would not be surprised if Infinity on High was announced soon as Travis hinted at it earlier this summer.

It is time to buy stock in HT ladies and gentlemen!!

Meh, I don't buy that being the reason. They just know a bunch of people will happily pay $20-$25 so that's what they are charging. As much shit as RJ got for MTS (which he deserved) he did at least put together really nice looking, high quality 2xLP packages when he charged $25 a pop. Hot Topic is charging nearly the same for high run, single LP's in cheap/standard packaging.

People will pay it so that'll be the price :/ and if hot topic continues to put music I enjoy on vinyl I'll be one of them.

The only HT repress I own is the "Under the Cork Tree" teal my girlfriend bought for me, and it's really nice but towards the center of the records the sound gets a tad muddy. It's a nice 2xlp gatefold but idk what she paid for it. I like it overall.

I did get a copy of ADTRs WSMFY from a store in a cheap single sleeve but it was $13 and the press was the quietest I own. A pleasure to listen to. Pick your battles. -shrug-

Just so you guys know I dont really license anything, especially the FBR stuff. There are no HT logos on the jackets or anything. The labels are pressing these themselves. A lot of these bigger exclusives just happen to be coming from  major labels/distros who are all charging way more for vinyl.

Just so you guys know I dont really license anything, especially the FBR stuff. There are no HT logos on the jackets or anything. The labels are pressing these themselves. A lot of these bigger exclusives just happen to be coming from  major labels/distros who are all charging way more for vinyl.

:rolleyes: +1 hot topic doesn't make the records, they resell/distribute.  Is this going to made by Fueled By Ramen/Decaydance?

:rolleyes: +1 hot topic doesn't make the records, they resell/distribute.  Is this going to made by Fueled By Ramen/Decaydance?

Either way they buy exclusivity and that cost is passed on to the consumer. The end result is the same, we get record prices that keep creeping up as everyone tries to get a piece of the pie.

Major labels notoriously blew it in the ‘90s by killing the single as a format and outrageously overpricing CDs, which of course lead to the downloading revolution and the crippling of an industry. Now that they’ve been given a chance to redeem themselves with the resurgence of interest in vinyl, not only are they shooting themselves in the foot, but it’s the same foot, the same gun, and they’re even reusing the bullet!

http://recordcollectornews.com/2013/05/the-rising-cost-of-new-vinyl/

Major labels notoriously blew it in the ‘90s by killing the single as a format and outrageously overpricing CDs, which of course lead to the downloading revolution and the crippling of an industry. Now that they’ve been given a chance to redeem themselves with the resurgence of interest in vinyl, not only are they shooting themselves in the foot, but it’s the same foot, the same gun, and they’re even reusing the bullet!

http://recordcollectornews.com/2013/05/the-rising-cost-of-new-vinyl/

nailed it