Mogwai - Rave Tapes

If anyone is still looking for the boxset, you can get it from amazon France for 30€ plus shipping:

http://www.amazon.fr/Rave-Tapes-Boxset-%C3%A9dition-limit%C3%A9e/dp/B00G9Q3N9O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421186403&sr=8-2&keywords=mogwai+vinyle

Thanks so much. It came out to be $41.95 PPD for me.

Has anyone in the States ever purchased anything from Amazon.fr? Just curious which shipping option to choose and what the packaging will be for the overseas trip?

No but I have purchased stuff from .uk that was shipped from .fr.  Always came in great shape. in a record mailer inside of a padded box.

BE VERY WARY buying from amazon.fr

I bought the Rave Tapes boxset from them, shipped to Australia. All they did, ALL THEY DID was slap a postage label on the cellophane wrap that covered the box. I almost had a heart attack when i collected it from the post office. it came without any damage. biggest phew ever.

EDIT: you guys that have bought one - be prepared....

Never got any sort of shipping email, but this showed up today. It's a beautiful set. The vinyl feels a lot thicker than the US pressings. It was shipped in a big box with a little bit of padding inside. My only complaint is that there was a bend in the cover and tear on the spine of the box. It looks like someone tried to pry up one of the corners of the box and caused it to rip. I don't think it was amazon or USPS' fault. It's not a big deal though. Happy to have this set for a very reasonable price.

Never got any sort of shipping email, but this showed up today. It's a beautiful set. The vinyl feels a lot thicker than the US pressings. It was shipped in a big box with a little bit of padding inside. My only complaint is that there was a bend in the cover and tear on the spine of the box. It looks like someone tried to pry up one of the corners of the box and caused it to rip. I don't think it was amazon or USPS' fault. It's not a big deal though. Happy to have this set for a very reasonable price.

Good to hear it made it there relatively safe!  We ordered about the same time, so I'm hoping mine will be here today or Monday.  I listened to this album pretty regularly when it came out and then shelved it, it'll be nice to revisit it.

Mine came in yesterday as well, big box, bunch of paper like last few accounts. The big box was beat to shit though, some dents on the boxset and everything in the box has nasty split seams, even the CD. Usually I just accept split seams as part of ordering online, but it really sucks when you buy a collectors item.