Mogwai - Rave Tapes

I think Blues Hour is one of my new favorite Mogwai songs. I'm a sucker for Stuart singing. I don't think he could sound any more like Stephen from Codeine but I love it.

:)

Dude, you're killing me. 

First, Hardcore was a Kelly Clarkson album more or less, now Blues Hour?

Blues Hour is one of their worst songs, it shouldn't have made the album... But the band knows better obviously.

Seriously, that song kicks the whole album in the nards. It's so disruptive.

Other than that, it's killer.

Satan. You gotta live for Satan. :)

:)

Dude, you're killing me.

First, Hardcore was a Kelly Clarkson album more or less, now Blues Hour?

Blues Hour is one of their worst songs, it shouldn't have made the album... But the band knows better obviously.

Seriously, that song kicks the whole album in the nards. It's so disruptive.

Other than that, it's killer.

Satan. You gotta live for Satan. :)

Sorry babycakes. It's more distracting than the song with the sample about Led Zeppelin?

i really like the record. i read the pitchfork review, dismissed it - then got the album in the mail and they were kind of right in a way. i dont think they tread much new ground, but its not like the writer of the review invented a new alphabet or anything either. its a great album for them - i love the synths they are using. the fourth song is a classic mogwai guitar song - so good. and the led zeppelin thing made me laugh.  such a great addition to their catalog. i feel like i would rank it up there with hawk is howling or maybe happy songs in terms of sound? it seems quieter and def not as poppy as hardcore. should have got the box set. oh well!

• 3 weeks later...

My PIAS box set landed from amazon.fr yesterday. A week late on the ETA, and no packaging..... They just slapped the label on the plastic wrap. Shipping from France to Australia. Holy fuck when the post lady bought it out from my PO box. Thankfully, no serious damage to the box. I'm flabbergasted that it survived so well with that non-existent packaging.

The PIAS album is on black wax, whilst my sub pop loser edition is on the clear green. The 12" is on the red vinyl, same as the pic above. Really nice set altogether and the subpop edition fits in the box nicely with he box contents. The 7" sleeve of the PIAS edition is smaller than the one from subpop and is gloss rather than the subpop matte finish.

My PIAS box set landed from amazon.fr yesterday. A week late on the ETA, and no packaging..... They just slapped the label on the plastic wrap. Shipping from France to Australia. Holy fuck when the post lady bought it out from my PO box. Thankfully, no serious damage to the box. I'm flabbergasted that it survived so well with that non-existent packaging.

The PIAS album is on black wax, whilst my sub pop loser edition is on the clear green. The 12" is on the red vinyl, same as the pic above. Really nice set altogether and the subpop edition fits in the box nicely with he box contents. The 7" sleeve of the PIAS edition is smaller than the one from subpop and is gloss rather than the subpop matte finish.

Whew!! Lucky man! That's crazy. I'm glad I decided to pay a little extra and stick with Amazon UK. Mine arrived last week in typical Amazon fashion, bubble bags etc. Set looks great hey!

• 11 months later...