Mogwai - Rave Tapes

4,000 copies! I have a feeling those things will be kicking around for a looooong time.

the whole line says

The Rock Action edition box set is limited to 4000 copies worldwide (that's for UK, EU & Asia, if you're in North America give Sub Pop a shout about it)

Does this mean its 4,000 for everyone except North America, and Sub Pop is pressing more on top of that?

umm, there are 4,000 worldwide (which includes north america because north america is part of the world) and if you want one and you live in north america you are supposed to contact sub pop as they will be the ones handling its distribution.

If you say so. The way they worded it sounds more like the 4,000 from Rock Action are for the rest of the world, hence "that's for UK, EU & Asia."

But whatever, 4000, 4500, I'm just looking forward to copping this when it's eventually marked down to $29.99

haha, sorry, I didn't mean for that to come across all negative. In a perfect world, Mogwai would be able to sell a million of these but 4,000 just seems like a lot to move at that price.

Anyway, at least this reminded me to listen to "Remurdered" 10x in a row. Loving this song, can't wait for the rest.

Anyone know how many of the Young Team box set were pressed?

If the info on discogs is correct, there were 2000 of the Young Team box set made.  That seems low to me, but perhaps demand for it isn't quite what I think it is.

I don't think there's been anything officially announced for a CODY box.

There hasn't been an official announcement, but Chemikal responded to an email regarding it's repressing and stated that it was planned for 2014.  Not quite official, but I'd say it's pretty close.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/92622-can-we-talk-about-mogwai/page-3#entry1615662

I don't think there's been anything officially announced for a CODY box.

I know that Jon just answered this, but for anyone feeling too lazy to read the Mogwai thread: Chemikal did indeed say that a CODY box is in the works. They've been wanting to do one for a while, but haven't had the budget or time to do it "right" by their standards. It seems like they care a lot about that release, and it pleases me greatly to see a label want to do a release justice, instead of just churning out a repress to meet profit margins.

Nothing is official yet, but Chemikal said they're aiming for a Spring announcement. Whether that's a release date or a pre-order, I guess we'll have to wait and see. But they explicitly suggested to avoid represses, since the repress box will feature additional, unreleased tracks. Should be so very good.

this leaked by the way

find it yourself

Indeed. A month early, no less.

Weird to say but it was a nice surprise to see it leaked. In this day and age it's unevitable really so there's no use mourning.

I usually try to save it until the vinyl and put off listening to new albums from bands like Mogwai that I've followed for a long time but based on 'Remurdered' I was not that sure about the album and gave it a go. I'm thinking they put that out as a first single solely to make people a bit iffy about the new material, to make it a bit uncertain.

After hearing the first track, I'm sold though. Has me drooling after that box set with those three extra tracks and that sick looking cassete now. Together with postage it will be a wallet-slayer though.

Definitely still good old Mogwai. Very glad.

Just a heads up for European people, the deluxe edition can be preordered on amazon.fr for 50€. Cheapest I've seen it up to now. Still won't make me buy it though because "Hardcore will never..." didn't do much for me and those 2 new songs don't either.

http://www.amazon.fr/Rave-Tapes-Boxset-%C3%A9dition-limit%C3%A9e/dp/B00G9Q3N9O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1387668102&sr=8-2&keywords=mogwai+vinyle

One listen in, and so far I have to say that the album is solid.  We'll see how that changes over time.  I find that I [greatly] enjoy Mogwai records with repeated listens.  Rave Tapes is very much a Mogwai record, still, for anyone who may have been put off by the singles.  Another notch in their great catalog, as far as I'm concerned.

Just a heads up for European people, the deluxe edition can be preordered on amazon.fr for 50€. Cheapest I've seen it up to now. Still won't make me buy it though because "Hardcore will never..." didn't do much for me and those 2 new songs don't either.

http://www.amazon.fr/Rave-Tapes-Boxset-%C3%A9dition-limit%C3%A9e/dp/B00G9Q3N9O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1387668102&sr=8-2&keywords=mogwai+vinyle

53 euro total with shipping to australia. done mate, cheers for the link!

bought from .fr and .de before and not had any issues. guess there's a first time for everything.....

crossing fingers .fr cames through on this.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm considering keep my .UK order and pay the extra $15 just in case there is an issue with the box etc.  For this amount of money I'd like to be able to communicate if it's damaged etc haha.