PO: Sufjan Stevens - Illinois on Red/Green /1000 (Newbury exclusive)

gmoney

That's what they want you to think...

when you pay for media mail (2.98) it gives you a pid number - this chicka at the post office told me about it last time I tried to add tracking. Now I never add tracking - and still track everything (receipt has pid number instead of tracking number - same thing)

It's a loophole

That's what they want you to think...

when you pay for media mail (2.98) it gives you a pid number - this chicka at the post office told me about it last time I tried to add tracking. Now I never add tracking - and still track everything (receipt has pid number instead of tracking number - same thing)

It's a loophole

Thanks for the tip. I will try it tomorrow when I ship out.

Talked to the postal clerk, and she said that I would not be able to track a package with media mail if I didn't pay the 90 cents. The PID number is only accessible by the post office.

Ha you got fooled man. I use it all the time.

You wasted 90 cents

why don't you guys just print your postage? it's included in the cost of printed postage and it's cheaper anyway.

actually, that's cheaper than the actual postage cost.

They are one of the few to use DHL who seem to be much cheaper to the UK than USPS, I'm guessing their packaging takes it over 1lb because if it were under 1lb they would only charge me $6.99 which is superb and why I said it was expensive.

There is an ebay seller that because they use DHL and the Dollar Pound rate can sell LP's to the UK with free postage cheaper than I can buy them here. I wish more US sellers used DHL it would help out my wallet no end,

Apparently Newbery doesn't accept PayPal on their website.  So I am going to hold off on this one for now...

I just bought the clear Bon Iver from their eBay account at the BIN price of $19.99 + 3.95 media mail shipping.  I thought that was a minor score being as that was the same price as in their web store, cheaper shipping, and I get some eBay bucks (plus being able to use PayPal). 

We'll see if any of these make their way over to eBay too.

remember when you were wrong? and then remember when you down voted me when you were wrong? poor guy

First of all, I didn't down vote you. Second of all, I wasn't technically wrong. Look at the post office website and read the information about media mail. Ask the postal clerks. They will tell you that tracking isn't included. You got lucky with some sort of glitch. I have read at least a dozen stories since then saying that the PID number is not available online.

Edit: And I did downvote you this time :)

Take it to PMs please. Don't need this thread cluttered with your arguing.

Good point. I'll just leave it at this: I really don't thnk I downvoted him before. He was just trying to save everyone 90 cents!

Okay, now back on topic. I guess I'll pick this up. It will look really nice for Christmas.