PO: Kanye West - Graduation (Purple 2XLP) (Bootleg)

Got mine yesterday... Packed pretty well, a slight split/worn edge on jacket. Vinyl looks great, everything was flat and labels were centered. For the most part it played surprisingly well, a few hiccups here and there but that could be from a lack of cleaning. There were 2 problems/quirks that I found... When Lil' Wayne comes in on Barry Bonds, his vocals seem washed out and very lo-fi. The second could be due to this being a bootleg (and the first I've listened to) but has anyone noticed little extra sounds here and there?

When my roommate and I listened to Stronger (track 3, not remix) we heard some extra beeps and bops near the end that I don't remember ever hearing before. It was mainly present on that track but there were some occurrences throughout the entire record. Again, this could be because it wasn't cleaned, but it didn't sound like the normal pop/fuzz/etc from debris, static

Overall I'm happy to have this, it looks great and sounds better than I was expecting

I also though the catalog# "KAYNEGRADUATION003" was somewhat amusing... any idea why it's 003 instead of 001? 

Just got mine. It has a slight seam split at the top, but everything else is fantastic. To be honest, one of the most impressive things about the package is the plastic sleeve that the record came in. It's so thick and sturdy.

I noticed this too, I love these "heavy-duty" sleeves. I think it's a 4mil

My copy of Yeezus came with the record naked in the jacket. Bummer.

Same, plus the jacket is too small to even put a sleeve in.

I guess for the sake of this topic, I'm still waiting on my copy of Graduation. Location: Moncton, NB, Canada, so chances are mine have to go thru more custom clearance… I don't recall seeing any Canadians with a copy yet.

I live in CT and got mine a couple days ago. Huge split on the top of the jacket and the mailer had a corner bent to shit which obviously bent the jacket too. Wish they would have put at least one, preferably two cardboard squares in there to prevent damage since it's traveling so far. The split on the top is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, I've ever seen. At least 3-4 inches.

I emailed vinyl digital about this before even playing the record asking for a replacement jacket and got a response yesterday saying they have no extra jackets but could refund me 7 euros, so basically half the price of the record. However, before receiving that email back I had decided to play the record and accidentally started on side B. The record was skipping a lot throughout that whole side, or at least the first two or three tracks I think. Granted I have a very basic turntable. However, upon inspection I did notice some smudges or scuff marks on the record. Not sure how that happened. I played the A side after and that played better, but still 2 or 3 skips. I didn't even bother playing the C/D sides.

I responded to vinyl digital's response email informing them of my issue and they said the purple vinyl is sold out but they are sending me a black replacement free of charge, so that's awfully kind of them. Hopefully it comes with a jacket and isn't just the records by themselves, and hopefully comes to me unbent and playable.

The one that I have ordered has both discs pressed on black wax (or so the seller has told me after I asked them to check it for me, didn't want to buy the crap brown copy lol), which I suppose is good for playability. I've had problems with coloured records in my time. I'll take a pic once it comes in,

Got one a couple of days ago. Both discs black vinyl. Surface noise all over the place & poor bass sound. I wouldn't recommend shelling out money for this. You're better off with the cd. The only upside is that there are bonus tracks from various other editions of the album tacked onto the c- and d-sides.

Anyone else experiencing skipping on 'I Wonder'?

Yup. Lots. And if only the jacket was half as thick as the sleeve it comes in. Most of these boots have such weak/flimsy jackets. Pretty sure the Channel Orange boot I got is the same but thankfully didn't get any seam splits. I posted on the last page about the various issues my copy has regarding a massive seam split and lots of skipping.