What Stupid/Weird/Fucked Up Shit Happens In Your Town?

Yeah, I'm just razzin' ya. I've never been there, so I can't actually judge. And I get where you're coming from, people shit on Milwaukee and Wisconsin a bunch but they have NO IDEA of all the cool shit they're missing.

I love Milwaukee. I'd live there but don't wanna transfer jobs, so I'll stick with Rockford for now.  

I'm pretty sure that in the Town I grew up in (Dedham, MA), they take one of the biggest baseball/soccer fields in town and divy it up into lots and set a cow to run loose around the field and then take bets as to which lot the cow will relieve him or herself in.  Or so I've heard.  I certainly never attended such an event.  BTW, Dedham is not out in some backwoods part of Massachusetts, it borders the freakin' city of Boston.  

This isn't my hometown but might also qualify for this thread.  My grandma owns a cottage down in Westerly, RI.  One year me and my wife went down there early before beach season had started.  We went downtown one day and it was packed with people.  A little investigating determined that every year they have a duck-themed party downtown, where people buy a rubber duckie and then a dump truck full of rubber duckies are dropped into the river.  They have a corral type thing in the river which narrows to a point where only one ducky can cross first.  And then whoever had that duck's number wins something.  

So NOLA is famous for bounce music, our organically grown blend of southern rap and Mardi Gras call & response chanting. But we also have several drag queen rappers who are insanely popular. This is what we do here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpTVhsnV_HE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-cT6SwFIHA

I thought everybody already knew this stuff?

Big Freedia just played the venue I work at and sold out for the second time in a like 5 years

fucked up shit that happens in my hometown....crazy murders....my freshman year of high school a senior named Jeffery Franklin hatchet murdered his family (2 siblings barely survived) and then drove around town being chased by the cops covered in blood.  a few years ago a college Professor (UAH), Amy Bishop, opened fire on her colleagues....

current city i live in....most fucked up shit happened back in the 60's.....Civil Rights stuff

don't know too much about the underground Rap of either city I live in.  Indie-Rap from my hometown (G-Side) just dropped a new song on NPR yesterday and both indie-rap groups from the city I live in are just fucking awesome (Green Seed and Shaheed & DJ Supreme)

I thought everybody already knew this stuff?

Big Freedia just played the venue I work at and sold out for the second time in a like 5 years

fucked up shit that happens in my hometown....crazy murders....my freshman year of high school a senior named Jeffery Franklin hatchet murdered his family (2 siblings barely survived) and then drove around town being chased by the cops covered in blood.  a few years ago a college Professor (UAH), Amy Bishop, opened fire on her colleagues....

current city i live in....most fucked up shit happened back in the 60's.....Civil Rights stuff

don't know too much about the underground Rap of either city I live in.  Indie-Rap from my hometown (G-Side) just dropped a new song on NPR yesterday and both indie-rap groups from the city I live in are just fucking awesome (Green Seed and Shaheed & DJ Supreme)

jesus christ i googled this guy and holy fucking crazy

12063622-large.jpg

That isn't the most horrible thing I have ever heard and by far the best of this thread. 

I agree. I'm not really a huge proponent of underground/aspiring rap artists especially since I've witnessed firsthand some of the worst but this song actually seems to have a pretty legit message like realizing that expensive bullshit won't fix the real problems in your life. I can live with that.

The beat was acceptable and the dude's delivery is not terribly lame like a lot of others I've seen.

jesus christ i googled this guy and holy fucking crazy

12063622-large.jpg

Had to join in the google search by that pic of him IN THE COP CAR.  "A hatchet, a two-pound sledgehammer, a rat-tail file and a butcher's knife, were all used in the crime, said Madison County District County Rob Broussard, who prosecuted Franklin.

"
Really, a hatchet, a sledge, a file and knife?  Guy's psycho, plain and simply.

Had to join in the google search by that pic of him IN THE COP CAR.  "A hatchet, a two-pound sledgehammer, a rat-tail file and a butcher's knife, were all used in the crime, said Madison County District County Rob Broussard, who prosecuted Franklin.

"
Really, a hatchet, a sledge, a file and knife?  Guy's psycho, plain and simply.

I had art class that semester with their next door neighbor....he went to investigate when he heard screaming and found 2 siblings in the yard one with their head nearly severed off.  Had tons of friends that lived a few houses down from this and a block over from this.  Huntsville is home to Rocket Scientists (smartest city per capita in the US) and bizarre-ass horror-movie-esque  murderers

This thread made me do some digging into some articles about some fucked up things happening in my city, Kenosha, Wisconsin. Kids beating cops, a man shooting a county sheriff in the head, two cops practically executing 20 something year old, some burnt bodies were found in some parks a year or two ago, some young girls raped another girl with a stick and killed her, too much shit going on around here in the last few years. 

Here is an article from late October "Man in clown makeup dangled child from railroad overpass": http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/police_man_in_clown_makeup_dangled_child_from_railroad_overpass_474031842.html

I'm pretty sure that in the Town I grew up in (Dedham, MA), they take one of the biggest baseball/soccer fields in town and divy it up into lots and set a cow to run loose around the field and then take bets as to which lot the cow will relieve him or herself in. Or so I've heard. I certainly never attended such an event. BTW, Dedham is not out in some backwoods part of Massachusetts, it borders the freakin' city of Boston.

This isn't my hometown but might also qualify for this thread. My grandma owns a cottage down in Westerly, RI. One year me and my wife went down there early before beach season had started. We went downtown one day and it was packed with people. A little investigating determined that every year they have a duck-themed party downtown, where people buy a rubber duckie and then a dump truck full of rubber duckies are dropped into the river. They have a corral type thing in the river which narrows to a point where only one ducky can cross first. And then whoever had that duck's number wins something.

That duck thing sounds cool, I will have to check it out. Nothing really crazy here, mostly just kids and drugs.