Left or Right handed?

Are you Left or Right Handed?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. I am…

• Left-handed
    • Right-handed

Real question....how many left handed people actually play left handed instruments?

lefty here.  the only thing i do right is play ice hockey because my step dad is a right handed and i learned from him.

i bought a drum kit years ago to jam with my buddies and couldn't play a right handed set.  my buddy who was a drummer and oddly enough another lefty was taught on a right set so i tried it first and couldn't do it.  he told me to try and learn on a right handed kit because 90% of drummers are right handed so it would be easier for me to jump on another kit at any time.

Not me, small town, no left handed guitars in stock, guitar teacher said it wouldn't matter. I can do crazy one finger bends though!

not sure how guitars work but couldn't you play a right handed guitar left and just reverse the strings?  i mean when i play air guitar i am definitely playing a left handed one.

lefty here.  the only thing i do right is play ice hockey because my step dad is a right handed and i learned from him.

i bought a drum kit years ago to jam with my buddies and couldn't play a right handed set.  my buddy who was a drummer and oddly enough another lefty was taught on a right set so i tried it first and couldn't do it.  he told me to try and learn on a right handed kit because 90% of drummers are right handed so it would be easier for me to jump on another kit at any time.

Got that argument all the time when I was learning guitar/bass. So frustrating. However, isn't it easier to move some parts around to make a drum kit lefty?

Got that argument all the time when I was learning guitar/bass. So frustrating. However, isn't it easier to move some parts around to make a drum kit lefty?

i mean sure it would be easy to change but it would still take a bit of time.  cymbals are on stands so you just reposition, but you have to rearrange the toms so it makes it a little more difficult.  i guess it also depends on the kit.  i mean if it is a 3 piece it's a little easier to change than say if you were to change neil pearts drum kit....haha

Right handed as the the good lord intended. However, like the post above, I skate/snowboard/surf goofy, which seemes more natural to me at least. I might as well be special needs switchstance.

I work with a guy who is a lefty, but fish, shoots, etc with right handed gear. His dad forced him to do things right handed becasue he did not want to pay for extra left handed equipment.

Is this just for fun research or for real?

A voluntary poll like this is will likely be skewed.  Left handed people (about 11% of people) could be more influenced to respond to this since they are in the minority and feel like their data is more important.

Not hating on lefties, just loving proper sampling for statistical data.

Is this just for fun research or for real?

A voluntary poll like this is will likely be skewed.  Left handed people (about 11% of people) could be more influenced to respond to this since they are in the minority and feel like their data is more important.

Not hating on lefties, just loving proper sampling for statistical data.

research..but just for a pitch to a pharmaceutical client. i know its going to be skewed, i wanted to ask those passionate about music. others are asking accountants, mechanics...etc. i guess they did a study that says lefties are 40% more likely to be depressed and or skitzo. thats an INSANE number.