Alkaline Trio / NFG / H2O

My childhood self is so damn excited because this Sunday I will be seeing H2O for the third time, New Found Glory for the fourth time, and Alkaline Trio for the second time - and the first was at Warped so it wasn't the same. ( I also saw a 'private' 30 person acoustic set in a hot topic when A&I came out but it was only 3 songs and a meet / greet )

I cannot wait.

I am going to spend way more money than I should on merchandise and lets be honest:

I'm probably going to cry.

The Orlando show was awesome last week. Only home state show on the tour for NFG so they played extra songs from Nothing Gold Can Stay in the encore.

I went to the Sticks and Stones 10 year tour in Pomona. I told my friends that all I wanted them to play was 2's and 3's. Sure enough, Jordan said they were gonna play a really old song and they fucking played it. I lost my shit.

I've seen NFG 20+ times and have never been disappointed.

They ruled when I saw them with Terror and everyone was into them. But how was the crowd reaction for them at an NFG/Alk3 show?

They had a lot of people there for them. Philly has a solid hardcore scene, so people came out. A lot of the people who were obviously there for NFG/Alk3 were funny to watch during H2O's set.

Man i would have killed to see this tour.   I have seen H2O atleast 15 times. From 2000-2002 i saw H2O 8 different times.   Man those guys were awesome back then.  I seen NFG a few times too.   They always put on a good show.   But i have yet to see ALk3 except 1 time at warped tour.  They just never seemed to come here on a normal tour.

I'll be at the trio show, I've seen them probably 20+ times and only left disappointed once.

Last time I saw them, Skiba was really drunk and kept rambling between songs.  Dan and Derek seemed really annoyed.  It was entertaining for a little while, but got old pretty quickly.  The other couple times I've seen them, they were much more on point.

Last time I saw them, Skiba was really drunk and kept rambling between songs.  Dan and Derek seemed really annoyed.  It was entertaining for a little while, but got old pretty quickly.  The other couple times I've seen them, they were much more on point.

The Chicago date on the Sekrets tour was absolutely awful - hoping this isn't a repeat.

H2O is one of my favorite all time bands, and I've seen them a million times, but the last few years have really been disappointing. They still have plenty of energy and sound great, but I don't think they've changed their set list in five years.  And I swear if Toby tells the crowd one more time to "check out a band called Minor Threat or 7 Seconds" I'm going to punch myself.

A buddy of mine, Stevie was was running the NFG merch. I asked him what pressings they had and he said he just grabbed a handful out of a box. I ended up with white (/600) but it sounded like they had some friends pressings with them. He said he's doing the whole tour, so ask him when you're there. The record was $20 and they were signing them after the show, if you're into that.

Yeah , I asked him about variants and he didn't even want to show me the non-friends colorways.

It wasn't even busy or anything - he just acted like I was wasting his time - fuck that.

I got the black / white embroidered varsity jacket from Alkaline Trio along with the scarf they had.

I was bummed that the H2O scarves were sold out - but I snagged the red/blue split Thicker than Water LP.