usps shipping fee (2013) makes me sick of collecting

Back in the when I first orderd from the US, it was $13 for two double LPs getting shipped. Now the only option is to buy in groups to keep the costs more or less reasonable. But this just works for "bigger" labels like Deathwish, No Sleep, Topshelf or No Idea, as there is a high demand for their releases. But sometimes one has to buy directly from the band, as their is no distro carrying their stuff (like Slingshot Dakota's "The Golden Ghost").

Use comgateway! They store it for 60 days and it allows you to save and ship all items at once. Plus they ship with dhl so it fully trackable. For me to get a record from the states off a board member its about $25 give or take to send to aus But if I get people to sent it to my Oregon address its $4 then to ship 6 records its $40... soooo much cheaper

I miss the days of ordering an LP from the U.S. and having it cost less with postage paid than Australian retail prices. I still order the majority of my records online because the price works out to be about the same (~$30 for a single LP unfortunately) and most times the album I want won't show up in stores until a while after the release date.

Use comgateway! They store it for 60 days and it allows you to save and ship all items at once. Plus they ship with dhl so it fully trackable. For me to get a record from the states off a board member its about $25 give or take to send to aus But if I get people to sent it to my Oregon address its $4 then to ship 6 records its $40... soooo much cheaper

And how do they declare the value of the records then when they ship them together? DHL always asks for the import taxes AND a brokerage fee, that's why I am asking?

And how do they declare the value of the records then when they ship them together? DHL always asks for the import taxes AND a brokerage fee, that's why I am asking?

If there is an invoice with the records they use that value. If its from ebay I declare the value ... cuz Im shipping to australia I make sure I stay under the $1000 import tax thing

If there is an invoice with the records they use that value. If its from ebay I declare the value ... cuz Im shipping to australia I make sure I stay under the $1000 import tax thing

Ok, makes sense. $1000 as an import limit is awesome and makes this work out well, but if you are based in the EU that limit is +-$30, so you have to pay taxes every time.

I've almost entirely stopped buying from the US. Not only are the shipping fees OTT the new import tax over here is shocking. Used to be anything over £50 would get a slight fee on top, now it's £15.

Like the poster above said, I almost do all my trade through Amazon marketplace, allyourmusic is dirt cheap. Also Monkey Boy Records stock a lot of good stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be through ebay, where they let you purchase postage. I've never done it before, but it looks like it's a couple dollars cheaper

Yep. Just need to put in the weight and the form will mostly be generated by eBay. However, I heard the way shipping internationally via eBay has changed. I heard you send it to a shipping center in the US and they ship it themselves. Could anyone verify?