Greatest guitarist of our generation.

atticus

and there is no way a human being can listen to phish and say they are bad musicians. I"d probably like them if they were purely instrumental, but half of the songs have such awful lyrics.

If anyone does think they're bad musicians, then they're obviously not a musician because they don't understand the professional level of ability it requires to perform a bunch of their songs. Dude has his masters degree in musical composition. That's why I throw Trey into this discussion. Dude is an absolute technical master and machine gun. He's got an impressive arsenal of skills.

Though if you're 20 years younger than me (which I assume most people are due to what bands are popular around here), Trey isn't a guitarist of your generation.

while i'm still kinda laughing over this thread, i'll throw some names in.

technical prowess and speed, i'd probably say Michael Angelo Botelo. no one can do what he does. i mean no one. but i do not like his music, nor his former band Nitro. 

music i enjoy rather than just be astounded by his technical abilities would be stanley jordan. 

gonna throw some fripp into the hat too. dudes just.. fuck.

others: Stevie Ray Vaughan - if you ever saw him live you'd understand

while i'm still kinda laughing over this thread, i'll throw some names in.

technical prowess and speed, i'd probably say Michael Angelo Botelo. no one can do what he does. i mean no one. but i do not like his music, nor his former band Nitro. 

You mean Michael Angelo Batio...aka Mr.2/4-neck wanker... always have to laugh when I see him, ridiculous shit! :D