What does everyone want for Christmas?

Aaaaaand now my wife got fired. I was disappointed I didn't do the secret Santa this year, but now I'm glad I didn't.

noooo super shitty

take her unemployment benefits and do it up for a damn week, because it's thanksgiving and black friday etc

or be super frugal it's your choice i'm a terrible influence and either way again that is super god damn shitty

TERRIBLE

This thread is kinda depressing. Sorry to those going through issues with their jobs!

There is nothing really I want for Christmas.

For me, it's all about me niece (5 years old) and nephew (3 years old), I spoil the crap out of them and they love it.

I don't expect or need much for myself. Maybe a new battery for my camera, but I will most likely grab that myself.

My boyfriend paid for half of my new North Face jacket as an early Christmas gift. I'm really thankful for that because I would be freezing by now without it.

I have been working towards saving up for a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II lens ($2500 or so), so when my parents ask me what I want, I'm just asking for contributions towards my saving effort for that.

The only other thing I can think of is a smaller walk-around camera bag for days that I don't need all of my gear at once.

Do any of you guys give lists? My gf was upset yesterday that her brother's girlfriend gave him a list of things to get for her siblings and parents, and they were all high end makeup brands from Sephora. I would understand maybe a list for herself but for her whole family seems a little... greedy? The reason she's upset is cause the dude works at Starbucks and pays for everything between them and is constantly broke. Seems super shitty.

Personally I would never ask anyone for anything specifically, most of the time I tell everyone not to get me anything because I'm so lethargic about holidays and just don't give a shit.

My family has always done Christmas lists. Makes it a lot easier to shop around and find good deals on what people actually want, but we do try to keep it simple. Nothing extravagant.  

Yeah, my mom always wants a list that she will then circulate around relatives. Of course, I virtually never get anything off said list anyway, yet I still have to make one (hence the creation of this thread). All I want is a Coin!

Yeah, my mom always wants a list that she will then circulate around relatives. Of course, I virtually never get anything off said list anyway, yet I still have to make one (hence the creation of this thread). All I want is a Coin!

My Mom is the same way.  She wants it buy the end of October and I get constant reminders from her if I miss that deadline.  Younger me had no problem giving her a list, it's a lot harder now.

My Mom is the same way.  She wants it buy the end of October and I get constant reminders from her if I miss that deadline.  Younger me had no problem giving her a list, it's a lot harder now.

i avoided this thread because... mine too.  and it feels weird to be this old and still have to produce a christmas list for my mom.

maybe you dudes can help me out, though.  i want some cool art for my apartment.  not like target-style mass production art, but a couple interesting pieces.  i'd like to support smaller artists and not break the bank.  i've been perusing society6.com, which has some cool stuff at reasonable prices.  

anyone have suggestions?

Dre 2001 vinyl.......anything else is a bonus really......not that into Christmas.....Seems like i put heaps of Cash/Thought/Energy in Family Presents and i get crap essentially in return......The Misses and my uncle (surprisingly)  seem to get it right everytime though so thats good i suppose.........Best part for me is the beer and food....and the fact that this year i will be working night shift 23 24 25 26 and the Penalty rates will be awesome hahahah

christmas is pretty much all about my girls at this point. 

my wife and i will usually set a date night and hang and go buy clothes or some shit.  pretty damn exciting.

Love this! I was never really a fan of Christmas while growing up. Dont get me wrong, my parents gave my brother and I the best Christmas' s a kid could ever have, but the greed I saw in others always made me overlook the holiday. It wasnt until 5 years ago when I had my son, that I began to enjoy it again. The pure joyamd excitement in a childs eyes and expressions melts a man's heart to liquid. I've also grown to appreciate that its another year that I have been blessed to celebrate with my family. Life is short and it took me way too long to figure that out. Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Love this! I was never really a fan of Christmas while growing up. Dont get me wrong, my parents gave my brother and I the best Christmas' s a kid could ever have, but the greed I saw in others always made me overlook the holiday. It wasnt until 5 years ago when I had my son, that I began to enjoy it again. The pure joyamd excitement in a childs eyes and expressions melts a man's heart to liquid. I've also grown to appreciate that its another year that I have been blessed to celebrate with my family. Life is short and it took me way too long to figure that out. Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving tomorrow!

this X1000

my girls are 3 and the difference from 2 to 3 is amazing.  seeing them light up while putting decorations on the tree makes me love the holiday even more.  now i have to put lights up on the house...haha

i avoided this thread because... mine too.  and it feels weird to be this old and still have to produce a christmas list for my mom.

maybe you dudes can help me out, though.  i want some cool art for my apartment.  not like target-style mass production art, but a couple interesting pieces.  i'd like to support smaller artists and not break the bank.  i've been perusing society6.com, which has some cool stuff at reasonable prices.  

anyone have suggestions?

Check out omgposters.com  they update each day on which artists are having releases. 

Im really only looking to get money so I can save to go halfway across the country to finally see my girlfriend. I don't mind missing one Christmas to see her for a few weeks and treating her like a queen. regardless, the rest of my family wants things, and while we don't have lists, they still expect things under that tree which means I need to spend some money. :/