Christmas Present for the Mailman

I always get my mailman a gift card to Amazon for Christmas each year. That was it's not a direct cash tip but, I mean, you can get anything off Amazon so it kind of is. I usually put it in a card and wait for him to come by a few days before Christmas Day and go out, shake his hand, thank him for the past year, and give him the gift. One time I wasn't going to be at home so I had the card hang from the inside of my mailbox by a piece of tape so that he didn't mistake it for outgoing mail. He's a good dude.

I'm a mail carrier and we are allowed to accept anything that is under 20 dollars in value.....that's the "rule" but nobody abides by that.

For the most part, a lot of people just give like 5 or 10 bucks or a 10 dollar gift card to Walmart or somewhere like that. Best way to give it would just to put it in an envelope and just write "for the mail carrier" or something along the lines of that.

This is a great idea. My mail carrier goes way out of her way and drives all the way up our big ass gravel road hill and brings my records and other packages to the door. Otherwise we have to pick them up in the post office in town (and not the close one). I think an Amazon gift card would be perfect!

for the first 3 years we lived at our house we used to either give him cash in a card, or nice chocolate, or starbucks coffee or a combination of all of the above. but he never once said thank you or left a thank you note. the dude has never even said hello to us (in 5 years now) plus he's jacked up enough packages that i've started sending anything bigger than an envelope to my work instead.

so fuck that guy. i'll fart in my mailbox and he can breathe in my ass as a present.