PO NOW: The Hotel Year (The Hotelier) - Home, Like No Place Is There

Anyone's second pressing's start shipping out yet?

Posted April 23 on TE Facebook:

The 2nd pressing for The Hotelier is running a few weeks behind. It's finally in production this week though and will be shipping to us next week. Realize that we have hundreds of orders to ship out so this will probably keep us busy for most of May. Orders will be mailed out in the order they were received. So, if you didn't order your record til April, you probably won't get your copy til later in May. Thanks for being patient with us and thanks for supporting!

Unless you opened a PayPal dispute within 45 days...yup.  

Yep - I allowed him almost that time for shipping (US to UK) before hassling him, so that by the time I determined that me not receiving it was intentional, it had surpassed 45 days. Probably my own fault really, but I was sure he was going to reply with an excuse or something and it would be fine after people on the board stated how good of a guy he is. I guess not. This sucks, but there's nothing I can do now I guess.

Yep - I allowed him almost that time for shipping (US to UK) before hassling him, so that by the time I determined that me not receiving it was intentional, it had surpassed 45 days. Probably my own fault really, but I was sure he was going to reply with an excuse or something and it would be fine after people on the board stated how good of a guy he is. I guess not. This sucks, but there's nothing I can do now I guess.

Make sure you ding him on the feedback system here so others know that he has flake potential.

I don't know if anyone's concerned or knows if I can do anything, but I never got that tour press from bobby drake. Ignored multiple emails and PM's since February. I assume I'm essentially screwed at this point

damn, I don't know man.

that is very odd, when I asked him to pick me up a copy I got answers back in seconds and when he had them in hand what number i'd want. (not that it matters.)

seems everything on his profile is private so you can't even check the last time he was on.

Chiming in as well.  He helped me out on a couple of different occasions, this being one of them.  Really, the only thing I could come up with is the fact that this was sent overseas, and became yet another casualty.  

It's strange that he cut all ties, though, and hasn't responded to you.  

It's not unheard of for a package to show up out of the blue, way past the estimated delivery date.  I hope this is the case for you.  

Since somebody bumped this, I thought I'd share my story with this record. Bought in to the hype when it came out and downloaded it. Listened a couple times and wasn't overly impressed. Randomly played it again on the way to the airport this last Saturday to attend a close friend's funeral in my home town and was blown away. The majority of the lyrics connect perfectly with my feelings for my home town and relationship with my deceased friend. I was weeping like a baby halfway through Your Deep Rest. Long story short, I haven't stopped listening to this record and it now means a lot to me since it helped me through a rough four days.

I'll be buying whatever's left of the second press as soon as the Dikembe pre-order goes up. Or if anyone...you know...has a copy of the first press they want to sell me for a reasonable sum right now, that would be cool too ;)

We packed up around 200 orders today and we'll keep at it until we get them all out!  We've got more than 500 to go.  Here's a message posted on the Tiny Engines website a couple days ago ...

Hotelier 2nd pressing vinyl arrived to us yesterday (5/12) and we are starting to ship orders out this week. PLEASE be patient with us as we have 700+ orders to pack up and mail out. Orders will be shipped out in the order they were received and we have a backlogged queue going back to mid-February when the 1st pressing went out of stock. We are gonna do our best to have everything out as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding and support!

There are still copies of the 2nd pressing in stock, but I doubt they'll last through June.  Fear not though ... we placed the order for the 3rd pressing late March and those should be arriving in a month or so.  No waiting next time!