Joyful Noise 2014 Flexi-Disc Series

apirk

Figured this could use a new topic for the new year, feel free to merge it if you'd like.

I think it is only up for VIPs right now but this year looks really good

The Joyful Noise 2014 Flexi Disc Series features new, unreleased recordings from 12 of our favorite bands - released monthly on square, single-sided, clear 7" Flexi Discs. Limited to just 1000 copies solely on Flexi Disc, these songs will not be released digitally or on any other format.  Each release includes full artwork, featuring a unique cover provided by the respective bands. 

WTF is a Flexi Disc you ask? Essentially it's a paper-thin vinyl record. And these particular Flexis are clear, single-sided, 7" squares. A pretty unusual format, but playable on any standard turntable.

Subscriptions are available on two levels:

Standard Subscription:  $5 / month
Includes automatic monthly shipments of each Flexi Disc with full artwork.

Deluxe Subscription:  $5 / month + $30
Includes monthly shipments of each Flexi Disc with full artwork, plus a hand-numbered, screen-printed wooden box set. Box Set is custom built to house the 2014 Flexi Discs, and features new artwork by Shawn K Knight.

You will have the option to pay MONTHLY (charged automatically to your credit or debit card each month) or YEARLY (charged in one upfront payment). 

2014 ROSTER

Big Business
Born Ruffians
Daniel Johnston
DM Stith
Fang Island
Half Japanese
Joan of Arc*
Margot & the Nuclear So and So’s
Marnie Stern
Mount Eerie
Serengeti
Yip Deceiver

THE FINE PRINT

Qty Limit: Limit of 3 subscriptions per customer. Don't try to order more and re-sell them on Ebay for $50 or something. We hate that. 

Schedule & Individual Sales: Flexis are not available for individual sale, you must sign up for the entire subscription. Each individual release will be announced the first week of each month. We will not release a schedule ahead of time identifying which month is assigned to which band. It's a surprise bitches. 

Payments & Cancelations: If you sign up for the monthly subscription, $5 plus shipping will be automatically charged to your card every 30 days. You may also pay for the entire series in one payment of $60 +shipping). Monthly subscribers may cancel at anytime. No hard feelings. There will be a waiting list created after the series is sold out, and any canceled subscriptions will be given to the next person in line. If payment doesn't go through at any point throughout the year you will be notified via email and given 72 hours to correct the situation before your account is cancelled. 

Change of Address / Payment Info: Don't sweat it if you are moving soon, or if your card expires in 2014. You will be able to update your address and payment info online anytime.

A Statement About "Unreleased Recordings": Each flexi disc features a never before released recording. Though many of these recordings are exclusively-written piece of music, some may be remixes, alternate versions, or demos of previously released songs. We consider these to be "unreleased" provided the flexi release is significantly different than the original recording. Joyful Noise will never release these flexi recordings digitally or in any other format. They are strictly limited to 1000 copies, exclusively on Flexi Disc. 

Questions? Email [email protected] and we'll get right back to you.

* The Kinsella boys have some tricks up their sleeve this year. Be prepared for a surprise with this one.

I'm looking forward to this more than the last two years.  Mount Eerie, Daniel Johnston, Marnie Stern, Fang Island and Big Business are all good sells for me.  I'm fairly certain the previous years didn't appeal to me as much and I still stuck with my subscription.  Also, each Flexi is pretty much one less beer I can buy a month (and I can live with that).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...