po - states - paradigm lp

maximuss

• 1 month later...

Update from the label in case you didn't receive their email. 

Hello!

If you're receiving this email, you pre-ordered State's new album, "Paradigm," on the orange vinyl variant.  First off, thank you so much for your support!  We're really excited about the record and your pre-order will be shipping within the next two weeks!

As we recently learned from our vinyl pressing plan, when they attempted to replicate our idea for the "Milky Clear Transparent in Orange" vinyl, it did not translate the way we all had hoped.  When the milky clear and orange vinyl was combined, the record turned into something that more resembled a plain orange record (photo attached).

In response to this, we opted to change the vinyl slightly and instead put orange inside of the milky clear transparent vinyl, which yielded some much better (and very cool) results.  See the attached photo.

We always put a lot of thought and care into coming up with vinyl variants that are cool and make sense in the context of the album we're pressing.  Ultimately, we think that if we're excited about a variant, then other people will be as well.  Sometimes we dream up things that have never been attempted before and are not sure of what the results will look like until they are actually pressed.  In this case, we hope you are happy with our decision to invert the colors and the end result!

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch.  Thanks again and expect another e-mail with tracking information once your order has shipped!

StatesOrange.jpg

I ordered the glitter and that orange. Pretty pumped for both. And been listening to the download quite a bit. Great album.

As am I. Didn't know anything about them other than they consisted of members of Copeland/Lydia but bc of the "polar vortex" they had a sale and bought it. Like the album though, different than my usual but glad I bought it

I saw Spartan post the change to the orange variant and it caught my attention. They grabbed me with pretty colors so I placed an order - while slightly more expensive than some other places, I've gotten 3 other records from Spartan and they have been absolutely beautiful and I don't mind paying a small premium as long as the releases are as consistently as good as they have been. 

Missed the glitter unfortunately but grabbed the mily clear with haze. Color scheme looks rad on these!

Edit: I'm listening to the album now and it's extremely good! Does anyone else feel like they could be the next Paramore type band? I don't mean Paramore just because of two girl singers but they really sound like they could blow up after this release.