Zeppelin Vinyl Reissues

avl

• 4 weeks later...

Do you guys think a bundle of the mid-level deluxes might end up on PopMarket?

I assume the major level ones will for like 119.99 some day, but who knows.

Is this a ticking clock or will the opportunity be there for a while?

I will wait for this.  If I were a betting man, I'd say these will all inevitably be available via PopMarket.

I'm interested to see if this will end up like the Pink Floud reissue campaign, with only 3 albums receiving vinyl reissues.

saw this today in an article

Guitarist Jimmy Page spent three years digging through boxes of quarter-inch reel-to-reel recordings from the late '60s and early '70s to find songs to accompany the "Deluxe Edition" remasters of the band’s original three albums, each of which will be available June 3 in a wide variety of formats. The additional six studio titles from the Led Zeppelin catalog will follow in the coming months.

No reason to think they won't. There have already been press events to preview the bonus material.

This one is from NYC last week, probably more detail than most need though: http://www.soundbard.com/soundbard/the-song-does-not-remain-the-same-jimmy-page-on-remastering-the-entire-led-zeppelin-studio-catalog/#prettyPhoto

No reason to think they won't. There have already been press events to preview the bonus material.

This one is from NYC last week, probably more detail than most need though: http://www.soundbard.com/soundbard/the-song-does-not-remain-the-same-jimmy-page-on-remastering-the-entire-led-zeppelin-studio-catalog/#prettyPhoto

Sweet! I didn't realize these were happening. Thanks for the link!

Good intentions, hell, and such.  Coming months can also mean a variety of things.  Will not hold my breath just yet.

Makes sense to not leave rest out especially IV since Stairway is their flagship song to many people. Found this:

As Led Zeppelin promote the extravagant reissues of their first three albums for an early June release, a lawyer representing deceased Spirit guitarist Randy California is claiming the hard-rock legends stole the intro for their 1971 single "Stairway to Heaven" from Spirit's 1968 song "Taurus." Attorney Francis Alexander Molofiy wants to prevent the release of the Led Zeppelin IV reissue when the time comes, Bloomberg Businessweek reports. "The idea behind this is to make sure that Randy California is given a writing credit on 'Stairway to Heaven,'" Malofiy said. "It's been a long time coming."

Makes sense to not leave rest out especially IV since Stairway is their flagship song to many people. Found this:

As Led Zeppelin promote the extravagant reissues of their first three albums for an early June release, a lawyer representing deceased Spirit guitarist Randy California is claiming the hard-rock legends stole the intro for their 1971 single "Stairway to Heaven" from Spirit's 1968 song "Taurus." Attorney Francis Alexander Molofiy wants to prevent the release of the Led Zeppelin IV reissue when the time comes, Bloomberg Businessweek reports. "The idea behind this is to make sure that Randy California is given a writing credit on 'Stairway to Heaven,'" Malofiy said. "It's been a long time coming."

Saw that today as well.

Led Zeppelin ripped a few artists off... shame they are awesome and the other artists were a bit well.... meh.

Im waiting on these releases, they are most likely hi def digital transfers though which is a shame but I bet they will sound good (maybe not as good as clean originals but they are quite hard to find in near mint condition).

Think ill get the regular release of I through IV and will probably stop there. There are pretty well priced I think.

Waiting for this guy's fucking face when he takes it to court and wins but the album is still reissued because it is officially untitled

Sorry to bump a thread but an FYI to anyone wanting to order the 3 albums...

Barnes and noble has a buy two get one free and the deluxe editions are included in this sale.

I just preordered them for just under $90....seems to be the cheapest unless you have amazon or best buy gift cards

Barnes and noble has a buy two get one free and the deluxe editions are included in this sale.

I just preordered them for just under $90....seems to be the cheapest unless you have amazon or best buy gift cards

WOW thanks for sharing.

WOW thanks for sharing.

No problem. It also works for the cheaper remastered version but not for the deluxe editions....

I guess if you are a B&N member you may be able to stack another coupon and get expedited shipping but just read about the sale on bluray forum and figured I would pass it on here since so many folk have been rather helpful...

Is this for members only?  I don't see this on their website. 

Never mind, I found it.  Doesn't apply to vinyl, doesn't seem to apply to the super deluxe boxes either.

Actually it applies to a lot of vinyl....and if you add them to your cart it works...saw the link on another site I used to read when I was a big bluray junkie.....apparently B&N consider CDs as vinyl...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=241889

Thanks for this...I used the code to add three Beatles albums to my collection that I was missing. $50 shipped including tax for three lp's!