Zeppelin Vinyl Reissues

avl

Not as far as I know. If I were in this position I'd eat the loss to keep my storefront and go bitch at Amazon

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  Another entitled American.  This was obviously a mix up. We get REAL killer deals in the Amazon thread every single day, to hold this seller to the fire is shameful.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  Another entitled American.  This was obviously a mix up. We get REAL killer deals in the Amazon thread every single day, to hold this seller to the fire is shameful.

If there was a computer glitch like talked about it was most likely on Amazon's end where the server is. If it was the on the guy's end, I'd assume that it was some kind of user error. If something was sold at a price, that's the price. It might be shitty, but it is what it is, I've made mistakes too and had eBay auctions go below my cost. Plus, with amazon's customer service, odds are they'll be the ones taking responsibility anyway. I'm not canceling it.

This was more than likely an error on the user end, so what, people make mistakes.  It's ok, teach this person a lesson! HAHA  I win! I'm a winner because i save a couple debt dollars for a material possesion that will be relocated to a thrift store in a year or two, awesome.

This was more than likely an error on the user end, so what, people make mistakes.  It's ok, teach this person a lesson! HAHA  I win! I'm a winner because i save a couple debt dollars for a material possesion that will be relocated to a thrift store in a year or two, awesome.

If it was an error on the user end, it's shitty, but that person made a mistake. If I accidentally do something the consequences don't go away because I wish them away. I learn from my mistake and don't make it in the future. If your collection will be in a thrift store in a year or two though, let me know where and I'll make the drive to Flagstaff.

He said it was a bug though, which means it really wasn't his fault, and if it was a bug in his system, Amazon isn't going to take responsibility.

In that case, he acknowledged that risk when he agreed to Amazon's terms for canceling orders. It's a shitty situation for sure, but my point is that it doesn't fall on me (the buyer) to take responsibility for an error made by the seller.

In that case, he acknowledged that risk when he agreed to Amazon's terms for canceling orders. It's a shitty situation for sure, but my point is that it doesn't fall on me (the buyer) to take responsibility for an error made by the seller.

Take responsibility? Is this how you view it? If you cancel the transaction you think you're responsible for it?  Are you loosing money?  I can understand if you are financially detremented in some way, but if you cancel you loose nothing......nor to assume anything.  You might actually gain something but i can't explain that.

Take responsibility? Is this how you view it? If you cancel the transaction you think you're responsible for it?  Are you loosing money?  I can understand if you are financially detremented in some way, but if you cancel you loose nothing......nor to assume anything.  You might actually gain something but i can't explain that.

It is not my responsibility to cancel an item I paid for. I agreed to pay a price, he agreed to sell it at that price when the price was submitted to amazon, however it got that way. I have no obligation to back out of this contract that we both "agreed" to. 

It is not my responsibility to cancel an item I paid for. I agreed to pay a price, he agreed to sell it at that price when the price was submitted to amazon, however it got that way. I have no obligation to back out of this contract that we both "agreed" to.

So you're one of those guys eh?

How exactly do you know this is all how it works? I'd wager none of us really know how it works. 

How exactly do you know this is all how it works? I'd wager none of us really know how it works.

1. Any place you agree to sell has a bunch of legal jargon you have to agree to to sell. If this wasn't included the ball is back in Amazon's court

2. I was presuming it was a seller error because the whole debate is the moral dilemma of the guy losing money and if Amazkn is at fault that isn't an issue

3. See my other most recent post for my reasoning there.

Would it be nice of me to ccancel it? Of course. Am I in any way obliged to? No.

Is this fact?

Not necessarily, but I've made "too good to be true" orders on Amazon that were, indeed, too good to be true and later cancelled by sellers. If I were going to be out thousands of dollars, I'd rather have a bad feedback rating or get my store banned than eat it.

What does intitlement and American have to do with anything. Every person on this earth feels entitled to something it is a human condition not an American condition.

1. Any place you agree to sell has a bunch of legal jargon you have to agree to to sell. If this wasn't included the ball is back in Amazon's court

2. I was presuming it was a seller error because the whole debate is the moral dilemma of the guy losing money and if Amazkn is at fault that isn't an issue

3. See my other most recent post for my reasoning there.

Would it be nice of me to ccancel it? Of course. Am I in any way obliged to? No.

Definitely one of those guys.

sigh

I hate to say it, but yeah, it's a little douchey

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, all I'm trying to say is regardless of what I decide to do, I'm not obliged to do one thing over another. The ball is 100% in my court. My issue has been the whatever the equivalent of "social justice warriors" in this situation would be trying to say that I have to do one thing over another. Do what you feel is right, and leave everyone else the fuck alone. The only reason I started this is because I had to defend myself from people harassing me. 

rezqua moving a little more towards 'if I decide to' from the 'i dont have to, I am not going to' stance, why? because you know it was a shitty stand to take in the first place. as Nietzsche might say, you backed yourself into a corner having to defend being a douche about it. just admit it.

you were not enlightening anybody to legal vs moral concepts involved, so dont try to play that angle.  also, calling that out is not social justice warrior(ing), youre absolutely free to do as you choose, but you voiced an opinion that is pretty obviously selfish to most everybody and people are allowed to voice their opinion on here, its not 'harassment'. :(

Left my order open, not having high hopes, and sure enough order was cancelled 'due to pricing error by the seller'. Not that surprising. I was never going to give negative feedback for not fulfilling - because even if it was their fault, this would be enough to suffer a huge loss. I guess what I'm most surprised with is that they didn't offer buyers anything at all - no $5 off coupon, discount, or even anything other than a 'sorry our system messed up' apology. They didn't really even apologize to buyers directly - more of a blame on the computer thing. But again, I totally understand why they didn't even try to fulfill the orders. 

I hope as a moderately independent seller that they can find their feet after this debacle. I would be hard-pressed to believe any kind of deal they were offering at this point.  But nobody here wants to see a good person/company go down, no matter what the reason (I have no idea if they are actually good people - if they're not, fuck them).