I'm undecided on the show but my office is pretty close to the Bowery if you want to meet Friday afternoon for a walking lunch and stop at Generation. Grab a moumons falafel and walk over there.

Sounds good, Dave. I land at 11:25 at Newak, so hopefully we can make it work timing wise.

We have an extra ticket for the Satuday show if you're at all interested.

I think I have a race that Saturday. I also have an ex attending the show that I'm not sure I want to spend significant time with. Ha ha. 

I take a pretty late lunch most days but if interested in a couple hours walking and a couple record shops I can stay in the city a bit later and hang in the early evening. Where are you staying?

staying right by the 30th ave n/q stop. do you know if there are any late night vegetarian places in that area? rad bars are cool too. i assume we'll be buying groceries for late night eats. 

Oh sweet, great location. I've got a friend that lives right there too. I'll ask him about vegetarian places, I'm more of a meatatarian myself.. But you should Yelp for some info on that, there's a ton of places I'm sure there's a few places known for veggies.  Lots of bars/restaurants/brunch places in a 5 block radius of where you're staying. You should have no problem going for a lovely Astoria stroll and running into plenty of things to do if you don't head into the city one day.

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to come in useful when I visit NYC before fest. I know its months away but if any good shows are on just before, I'd love to head to one!

You're all lucky to live in / so close to it!

Edit : Easily going to do the Brooklyn brewery tour / head to brooklyn bowl after.

Stupid question but what time does the subway stop or is it 24 hours?

does anyone have a friend/is anyone in need of someone to sublet in the immediate future? i'm looking to move to nyc, and my plan was august, but all of a sudden, i am in need of doing so as soon as fucking possible. i can not live here any more.

This is going to come in useful when I visit NYC before fest. I know its months away but if any good shows are on just before, I'd love to head to one!

Edit : Easily going to do the Brooklyn brewery tour / head to brooklyn bowl after.

There will hopefully be some good shows before Fest as the CMJ festival happened about a week or two before and usually has some good shows. Also bands may tour down to or back from Fest.

As for public transportation in NYC in general it's 24 hours. It's the city that doesn't sleep! ;)

does anyone have a friend/is anyone in need of someone to sublet in the immediate future? i'm looking to move to nyc, and my plan was august, but all of a sudden, i am in need of doing so as soon as fucking possible. i can not live here any more.

no, but check in jersey city too.  you'll likely find something cheaper that you could possibly afford on your own.  getting in and out of nyc is easy peasy.

hey guys. me and my girl are heading to NYC from june 4 (wed) to june 9 (monday) for governors ball. we're staying in astoria and want to check out record stores, book stores, breweries (or good beer bars), vegan food, and the touristy stuff. (my first time in NYC for longer than 48 hours and my girlfriend's first time ever). we got tickets to seth meyers for thursday (5) too. 

I'm definitely taking some of the recommendations from the first page into account (thanks driveby!). If anyone has any more specific recommendations, that'd be awesome too. Wouldn't mind seeing some comedy at the UCB or something. If there's anything we must-see (even if it's stereotypical tourist stuff) that's relatively cheap, i wanna know. 

late to the party, but in terms of vegan fare, i highly recommend caravan of dreams (also union square area). i'm not vegan by any means, but have a bit of a love affair with their seitan tacos. apparently they're also moby-approved. hard to argue with that....lol

so, i actually just found out a few days ago that my roommate is leaving next month, so i'm looking for someone to replace her in my brooklyn 2br. it wouldn't be a sublet, you'd have to sign onto the lease, but you could possibly work out something more short term with the management co if you knew you didn't want to stay for a full year. let me know if you want more info!

Hotel across from Brooklyn Bowl has a nice rooftop bar. Drinks are expensive but it's a great view. Food at Brooklyn Bowl is awesome.

hey guys. me and my girl are heading to NYC from june 4 (wed) to june 9 (monday) for governors ball. we're staying in astoria and want to check out record stores, book stores, breweries (or good beer bars), vegan food, and the touristy stuff. (my first time in NYC for longer than 48 hours and my girlfriend's first time ever). we got tickets to seth meyers for thursday (5) too. 

I'm definitely taking some of the recommendations from the first page into account (thanks driveby!). If anyone has any more specific recommendations, that'd be awesome too. Wouldn't mind seeing some comedy at the UCB or something. If there's anything we must-see (even if it's stereotypical tourist stuff) that's relatively cheap, i wanna know. 

http://www.happycow..../new_york_city/ vegan/veg food

If you come to Greenpoint to shop for records (see my previous post) you're going to want to stop at Torst for some beer http://www.torstnyc.com

If you want to beerhop in Greenpoint, you could also hit up Spritzenhaus http://www.spritzenhaus33.com and Dirck the Norseman http://ny.eater.com/tags/dirk-the-norseman

You also might want to check out Spuyten Duyvil if you're in Willimsburg.

http://www.spuytenduyvilnyc.com

• 1 month later...