New Pre-Orders up at Castle Face

21 minutes ago, ChrisCo914 said:

got my copy yesterday. only got to spin side a, but it was pretty damn sweet. anyone get the useless eaters or male gaze?.

I picked up both and they're both really good, imo.  Male Gaze has a few songs that are pretty catchy on this album and overall it's got a great vibe. They didnt' stray too far from their last album but seemed to have branched out enough to make it feel fresh.  I'm kind of a big deal

Useless Eaters fan so it would take a lot to disappoint me.  The synths seem more prominent on this album and they seem to be trying out some new sounds like the song "Hogs in the Bush".  I think it rips as much if not more than Bleeding Moon.

On 6/16/2016 at 5:20 PM, sinatra.45 said:

I picked up both and they're both really good, imo.  Male Gaze has a few songs that are pretty catchy on this album and overall it's got a great vibe. They didnt' stray too far from their last album but seemed to have branched out enough to make it feel fresh.  I'm kind of a big deal

Useless Eaters fan so it would take a lot to disappoint me.  The synths seem more prominent on this album and they seem to be trying out some new sounds like the song "Hogs in the Bush".  I think it rips as much if not more than Bleeding Moon.

I'm digging the new Useless Eaters, too. Definitely a bit different from their older stuff, but a pretty natural follow-up to Bleeding Moon. 

Just saw Oh Sees at Levitation Vancouver and they absolutely killed it. It was my first time seeing my favourite band so obviously I am biased but one of the most intense and fun shows I have ever seen. They played a couple new songs which sounded amazing. On that note, I came home to my pick up notification for the Live in San Fran LP and can't wait to revisit the crazy experience. 

• 2 weeks later...

For the Thee Oh Sees upcoming A Weird Exits release, I assume the other pre-orders currently up are black vinyl, but it looks like at least one UK shop has put up pre-orders for "transparent green". Are we aware of any other pressings? I'm sure we're not far from Castle Face putting their pre-orders up. Just give me the goatskin!

"**UK INDIE STORE EXCLUSIVE TRANSPARENT GREEN VINYL 975 COPIES ONLY"

https://forever-records.com/products/thee-oh-sees-a-weird-exits-coloured-vinyl

2 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

I think black and ultra clear have been sold out for quite some time... white went up yesterday and is selling slowly.

Ah right, cool. Didn't notice.

1 hour ago, sinatra.45 said:

The new album on Castle Face this week, ORB, sounds pretty awesome.  Here is their bandcamp link:  https://orband.bandcamp.com/album/birth

Indeed, I've caught them a couple of times opening for King Gizz, good stuff. The limited sewer green edition is cool, but a little pricey.

I finally got around to listening to the releases from last month and they are all so good. Mountains & Rainbows is so fun and good - after first listen it might be my favourite non-Oh Sees release from Castle Face. Useless Eaters and Male Gaze both slay as well, very natural follow-ups for each.

12 minutes ago, segal-train said:

I finally got around to listening to the releases from last month and they are all so good. Mountains & Rainbows is so fun and good - after first listen it might be my favourite non-Oh Sees release from Castle Face. Useless Eaters and Male Gaze both slay as well, very natural follow-ups for each.

Hell yes on Mountains & Rainbows - good shit 

The "sewer green" edition is the one available through Flightless / the bandcamp link, cost is $40AUD + shipping.

Also I'm sure everyone saw the email but if you're not on the mailing list all 2014 or earlier CF releases are half off with the code SEXYSENIORCITIZEN, 2015 releases are $5 off with SUNSOUTBUNSOUT.

Edited by spoon

11 minutes ago, jack8urt0n said:

Is there a reason nobody is ordering the colored UK version from Forever Records? Was watching the stock and it hasn't moved a unit since last week. I'm waiting for Castle Face but was going to jump on a UK variant too...

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Is there a reason nobody is ordering the colored UK version from Forever Records? Was watching the stock and it hasn't moved a unit since last week. I'm waiting for Castle Face but was going to jump on a UK variant too...

$hipping. I only need one copy of this, and I'm shooting for the CF version.