Bands/Albums you've grown to love

Shinji

No idea if this is a thread already, wouldn't even know what to search for. Ever have a band or a specific album that you've repeatedly tried to get into for months, years, whatever, and for whatever reason you just hated it until one day you randomly enjoy it?

For me, it's been anything by Life Of Agony or Pearl Jam. Could not stand either of the band's vocalists until I really sat down years later with River Runs Red/Ugly and Ten/Vs. and finally, they both just clicked and I totally understood why people love these bands.

Your turn.

Kate Bush. Starts off with watching and laughing at her crazy-ass music videos then all the sudden you realize the songs are stuck in your head and you're like "Oh dang, this is actually pretty good."

Way back when I first started collecting, I went to this flea market where I bought Getz/Gilberto (2 bucks) and this little record that had MANSIONS emblazoned on the front. This is back before I knew anything about the band Mansions, I had just heard the name and heard they were good, so I grabbed it for 6 bucks.

It turned out to be some guy named Damon McMahon, and the album was called Mansions. A sticker on the front heralded him as a modern day Nick Drake. Found his album online, listened to it once, went 'meh' and didn't return to it for a long time. Now it's one of my most played records. Dunno if this really counts because I didn't repeatedly try to get into him, but I did grow to love it after a long sad time of it just sitting on the shelf. Seems to be rather unknown, Discogs didn't have a listing for the 10" that I have, and he doesn't have any other releases, yet he was on the Astralwerks label (Brian Eno, Yoko Ono, Kraftwerk). Just a bizarre blip in my collecting.

Touche Amore for me.  I tried a bunch of times to get into them by just listening to a song here and there on Youtube.  Often times I wouldn't make it through an entire song before deciding I (still) didn't like Jeremy's voice.  Once Is Survived By came out, I listened to the full album stream and something clicked for me.

That record became my AOTY for 2013 and they're one of my favorite bands now.  Up there with JEW and Seahaven.

For band, My Bloody Valentine. I absolutely hated them in middle school, but listened to them again a year ago and absolutely loved them.

And then for album, Kid A. I've always liked this album, but it didn't click for me until recently. Also Motion Picture Soundtrack gives me chills every time.