Post Your Record Storage Area

how tough is it to build those expidits? how long did it take, and is a do-able task for 1 person?

if you use gorilla glue, which i recommend, just to be safe. like 2-3 hours, cause youll get sick of it real quick. don't do it on carpet. and don't try to lift the whole thing until fully assembled. i dropped it on my foot and it sliced the shit out of me.

not a pain in the ass. not a two person job, unless you're assembling it real far away and need it moved in through any number of doors. then you may want help. waiting for the glue to dry and getting tired of the monotony are the only downers.

how tough is it to build those expidits? how long did it take, and is a do-able task for 1 person?

if you use gorilla glue, which i recommend, just to be safe. like 2-3 hours, cause youll get sick of it real quick. don't do it on carpet. and don't try to lift the whole thing until fully assembled. i dropped it on my foot and it sliced the shit out of me.

not a pain in the ass. not a two person job, unless you're assembling it real far away and need it moved in through any number of doors. then you may want help. waiting for the glue to dry and getting tired of the monotony are the only downers.

Just because I am going to be getting one of these soon, why use gorilla glue?

Just because I am going to be getting one of these soon, why use gorilla glue?

to ensure structural integrity.

seemed to me like if i wanted the pegs to stay in the holes that i'd want them glued, otherwise they just came out. and i have heard that once you take the expedit apart, it's worthless.

gorilla glue is practically indestructible. so unless you break the wood, your shit should hold up.

Unless you have the mental capacity of an 8 year old, have ADD, or have real trouble working with your hands you won't have any problems putting this thing together. It doesn't even get "build" as opposed to put together; you just follow the directions, which are well detailed and easy to follow. I built it by myself while listening to the New Bruises' Transmit! Transmit! on vinyl and finished with a song or two left in the album, so it took me roughly 30 minutes.

Very, very simple and quick if you just get in there and do it and not run off for a break every five minutes or get bored.

mrc that looks pretty nice man.

Thanks man! im pretty happy with everything so far. No more stacks of records on my floor and in my closet. Im almost done loading everything up, but i still have about 75 or so classic rock LPs to add. Great bday present from the folks.

im a full supporter of the tv expedite, considering i have one myself. haha mine looks so much more cluttered than yours since i stil have an older tube tv instead of the flatscreen. i also didnt use the divider/metal rod piece so i could put my player/speakers there. sadly, im about to run out of space on this thing.

mrc that looks pretty nice man.

Thanks man! im pretty happy with everything so far. No more stacks of records on my floor and in my closet. Im almost done loading everything up, but i still have about 75 or so classic rock LPs to add. Great bday present from the folks.

where did they get that setup? And the bookshelves you had, did you buy those at target, because if you did, i have the exact one for my books and DVDs. Did they work out well for your records?

yeah the old ones we did get at target a long time ago and i recently went back and saw they are now 79.99 each and when i got mine they were 35.99 each. we had them in our bedroom with books and photos and shit on them but after my old bookcase that i bought at a flea market starting looking like it was going to fall apart i switched them over.

The target ones worked pretty good however they have those 2 little support "hooks" underneath each side to give the shelf support. I was worried that by packing LPs in there the ones on the outer edge closest to the sides would get bent by the supports, so i made sure there were book ends on each side to avoid getting damaged.

overall they were pretty solid and i like that they had a bar going along on the back to keep everything even.

The new piece i got is from Ikea.

Good eye!

I just started it along with a few others. that shit is crazy how its printed. Should be a fun read.

House of Leaves is fucking incredible. I'm going to start Only Revolutions here pretty soon.

two of my friends were talking about that book this past weekend, I think I need to check it out.

its nice to see an original NES again. You watch a lot of history chanel. And whats with that painting above your shelves?

Yeah NES is what i have been playing the most lately.

as far as the paintings go, i have tons of art work all over my house. over the last 3-4 years i went to a lot of art shows because my friends are painters, tattoo artists, graffiti people or whatever so i have alot of paintings from friends and a couple i have paid for.

i think this is the link to a super old thread i had pics of everything

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/v45index.cgi?action=display&board=etc&thread=6043&page=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • jhulud locked this topic