2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

except that Austin, TX is one of the biggest music oriented cities in America, but I digress. San Antonio received no cake box sets at all and it's the 7th largest city in America FWIW

But think of how many RSD pledge stores there are that probably ordered this. There are 16 stores within 15 miles of Philadelphia. Now multiply that by however many metro areas across the country and there's gonna be some thin spread going on for some titles. It's just part of the RSD thing

It still seems very low, don't you think? Amoeba got <5 copies and it's one of the most renowned and biggest record stores in the world. This is going to be the largest RSD yet, with tons more people looking to score vinyl than ever before. I understand the deal with limited releases, but this seems a bit absurd. Was the Beck Pink Sea Change similar in distribution when it came out several years ago?

Funny, I was at my record store today and picked up a Battery - Whatever it Takes LP.

I saw some stuff I asked him to order for me from the RSD list and asked him if he could sell things from RSD allready.

He said and I've to wait till tomorrow.

He and I didn't know that Battery LP was for RSD I think.

But Far Cry - Blood Dragon and JayZ/LP are waiting for me.

That Far Cry looked very good btw!

I'm from Belgium too and couldnt find any far cry ost on the lists I got send by some stores. Which store do you visit?

i called all the shops in austin TX. Less than a total of 10 copies of the cake box for the entire city. Paranorman is numbering below 20 copies total as well, and mondo is located in ATX. Going to be a lot of disappointed RSDers tomorrow

That's crazy! My store here in Charleston posted a pic of 2 of them on their Instagram

Mechelen? The Vinyl Touch maybe?

I think that's a hint :D but can't go there because I have limited time and have stuff reserved in Antwerp and Leuven and don't have a driver's license so it's going to be via trains and that's expensive. Maybe If these places don't have em I can snag one afterwards, people here are probably oblivious of what it is.

I heard something about Jack White recording a record and having it printed and shipped on Record Store Day. Can anyone confirm? Details?

He's doing a live performance of his new single at Third Man Records, recording it, and having it pressed immediately after, but the "shipped" part of what you said is inaccurate. You have to physically be at the Nashville store to get it.