2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

There is no way people are buying those records for $100! There are at least 20 listings that ended at $99, I'm thinking, is there a way for the RSD guys to get eBay to pull listings?

Yep believe it or not there are people out in the world that don't want to deal with lines and hoards of people and they most likely have great paying jobs, yes not everyone is a 22 year old broke ass college student collector haha

Count me in at Criminal, bringing an umbrella and a thinking about a nametag..

"Hi my name is

Zach - VC"

I'll be in a Polyvinyl hat if you see me. Are you in the area at the moment? I won't be able to make it until around 10pm. I've heard Criminal is nuts. But holy shit I just saw all the bands that will be playing. Cloud Nothings? Count me in!

SU9fnIi.jpg

Can I ask a favor from everyone? We need your help in dealing with the eBay scumbags. 

All those pre-orders you see violate eBay's TOS. Pre-sales are prohibited unless the seller can guarantee that he/she can ship the item. We all know that is untrue.

We would love to see what happens if a bunch of people report those items. Here's how to report them.

1. Log in
2. Find the item
3. Scroll down and click on "Report item" on the right.
4. Select Listing Practices/Inappropriate Seller Terms/Presale
5. Click send report

They can relist everything tomorrow, but if they get enough complaints, maybe eBay will ding them. It's also possible that some flippers will decide it isn't worth it. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps out. Maybe we can get eBay to wake up!

Also, just to keep you up to speed on a couple other things, we figured out how to get contact info on some of these sellers. Several stores were permanently banned this week. Stores that operate near individuals with a large number of pre orders have been notified who to watch for. I think I will get to meet one of them in person tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Chris

Can I ask a favor from everyone? We need your help in dealing with the eBay scumbags. 

All those pre-orders you see violate eBay's TOS. Pre-sales are prohibited unless the seller can guarantee that he/she can ship the item. We all know that is untrue.

We would love to see what happens if a bunch of people report those items. Here's how to report them.

1. Log in

2. Find the item

3. Scroll down and click on "Report item" on the right.

4. Select Listing Practices/Inappropriate Seller Terms/Presale

5. Click send report

They can relist everything tomorrow, but if they get enough complaints, maybe eBay will ding them. It's also possible that some flippers will decide it isn't worth it. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps out. Maybe we can get eBay to wake up!

Also, just to keep you up to speed on a couple other things, we figured out how to get contact info on some of these sellers. Several stores were permanently banned this week. Stores that operate near individuals with a large number of pre orders have been notified who to watch for. I think I will get to meet one of them in person tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Chris

Doing this now. Really sad to here that even some stores were participating in this.

i called all the shops in austin TX. Less than a total of 10 copies of the cake box for the entire city. Paranorman is numbering below 20 copies total as well, and mondo is located in ATX. Going to be a lot of disappointed RSDers tomorrow

What in the world...did every store collaborate to hold these back and sell them online at outrageous prices? It sure seems that way.