A Thread for Runners - 2016 Yearly Challenge - Most Miles

I had an aborted run on Monday and haven't been back out. Did like 2.8 but we had like 30mph winds and it seemed that I was running into it no matter what, it really sucked.

Dude, it always feels that way for me too on super windy days. I run out to a point and back and it's windy on the way out, I'm thinking, ok, it'll be behind me on the way back, but sure enough it's in my face on the way back too haha I don't know what it is about the really windy days, but it definitely sucks.

That's solid. Now, where did your 18 week plan come from? You reading any books?

I'm doing the NYC Marathon in November and am reading now on how to combine my Triathlon and Marathon Training. I still have time to tweak a plan together but I'm more or less in full Tri Training and will start a major transition sometime in July that will combine the two. 

That's solid. Now, where did your 18 week plan come from? You reading any books?

I'm doing the NYC Marathon in November and am reading now on how to combine my Triathlon and Marathon Training. I still have time to tweak a plan together but I'm more or less in full Tri Training and will start a major transition sometime in July that will combine the two. 

I've mostly made up my own plans between reading a few things, previous training, my body, etc.

My buddy loaned me a few books that I haven't read yet - I can't remember what they are right now. 

We should meet somewhere for a marathon one day.

I've mostly made up my own plans between reading a few things, previous training, my body, etc.

My buddy loaned me a few books that I haven't read yet - I can't remember what they are right now. 

We should meet somewhere for a marathon one day.

I hate running. Ha ha ha. 

I really don't aspire to run another marathon. I am doing it because I got in to New York and it's iconic. I am far more interested though in the multisport discipline. That said, I hear this marathon business could be addictive so who knows. I look at some of the Disney events and they definitely have my attention. The idea of somehow getting into Boston or Chicago would be exciting. But for now I need to finish the first one and see if I want to ever do it again. 

I have some friends who are running their first full marathon this November.  It's a Rock-n-roll marathon in Savannah, GA.  They're trying to talk me into doing it too, and normally I can be talked into anything, but I'm having a tough time with this one.  I love running, and have done some really fun half marathons, but I really don't know if I have the motivation / discipline to train for a full.

Endomondo has a fitness test - 1 mile and 2 mile that you can run, instead of running a pre-saved route (which is what I normally do). Since the temperature dropped from in the 70's to in the 40's and windy yesterday I wasn't really motivated for a longer run. So I decided to do this fitness test and run my first timed mile since high school. I was never really a fast mile runner, I think my best time was 5:55 back then and I was in better shape at that time. So I wasn't really expecting much, just wanted to do it for fun and because I was curious. I ran it in 6:23, which was much better than I expected and I was pretty happy with it.

Then I went into the analysis that endomondo gave me for the fitness test and saw this:

Screenshot_2014-04-16-17-42-23_zpsfvvte4

I barely made average! haha Definitely a buzzkill after feeling good with that run, but I'm not really taking it too seriously. I do wonder what you have to run to reach the other levels though haha

Gonna be gorgeous here all weekend but I have promised my aunt I will go to Easter dinner at her house. Solution: a 12 mile adventure run out to her! I mapped a course that takes me through a few miles of wooded parks to boot. Should be a ton of fun.

Until then keep updates coming folks. I want motivation. I have a short four mile run tonight then I'm biking Saturday. Can't wait for Easter for lots of reasons.

Was stressed like all hell today but set out for my run. Faded in the last couple miles when it really hilly but hit 11 miles in 1:35:00. Allowed to keep a slow pace at points since it wasn't a race. Feel good now. This is the next step distance on my way to the NYC Marathon. 

Happy Easter. 

ps - got a terrible tan due to my bandana. ha ha. 

I didn't run this weekend. Instead I ate lots of chocolate.

Last night at 10pm I said to my wife, "I haven't had any chocolate today" and grabbed a Cadbury Cream Egg. I've been so damn good on my diet I pretty much let Easter go by when I should have indulged a bit more. Not good to deprive yourself 100%. 

This thread has been to quiet lately.  Got in a good 9 miler in yesterday (watch was acting weird and wouldn't upload wirelessly) and it is the best I've felt for awhile.  Everything seemed to be clicking, my stride felt good and my cadence was good.  Got a race tomorrow.  Would like to keep it under 20, but it is pretty hilly I believe.

Anyone else got any races this weekend? 

Ran 6 miles this morning at just over a 9:00 pace.  I hadn't ran that distance since about January, and it was ridiculously humid out (I'm in Florida mind you).  So I feel pretty good about it!

Oh and here's a pic of me and my cousins on Monday at the Boston Marathon. One of my cousins ran it for his first marathon ever.  He did it for charity so he didn't have to qualify, but he finished with a 4:03 time! Pretty awesome.

906533_10152334767242365_228905556486246