A Thread for Runners - 2016 Yearly Challenge - Most Miles

Alright ladies and gentlemen, it is officially spring, and super nice out today! Those of you who have been waiting out the winter to run, it's time to hit the road (I'm looking at you ReffersonPowell...haha)

But in all seriousness, since it is spring and starting to warm up, I figured I'd remind those of you who are planning to start running again soon (or today...) to join the endomondo challenge here:

http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/14197428

It is a yearly competition for most miles, but we have people everywhere from 10 miles to 200 miles, so don't feel intimidated that other people have been running for longer.

Also, if we get more people involved and there's interest, I can set up a monthly challenge each month as well, so Josh isn't always in first haha

So get out there, start running and rack up those miles! *smacks ass as you run by* WHOOO! #peptalk

Ha Ha.  I thought that motivational speech was very inspiring.  I have two runs to upload from my watch, but I am pretty lazy.  Yesterday's run data is messed up cause it said I ran a mile a little over 5 minutes and I know I can't do that.  Was going to do the track in the evening, but my friend didn't get back to me so I just rested since my heel was kind of achy.

I'd be down for monthly challenges (add the stipulation can't win back to back challenges)

I'll join the group in the future but boy will I lose any cumulative mile competition. 

It is also still in the low 30s and high 20s here and everything is covered in ice. My spring starts sometime in May!

True...I forgot to pay attention to those types of details haha but soon my friend, soon.

The site isn't really multisport friendly. I'd join but I don't need a third site to be loading workouts. 

I got a slight pull in my left calf Tuesday. Took off Wednesday. Ran a nice 4.25 mi last night. Probably pushing a bit but with my volume I deal with this 3-4 times a year. Little nicks are going to happen. Swam this morning to stretch it all out though and feeling good. 

This weather blows. Shorts and t-shirt yesterday. Tights, shorts and a hoodie today. Crazy.

I hit a great 4 miles yesterday and planned to go 10 today but cut it off at 5. This calf tweak is tightening so I'm icing right now with plans to ice on and off all day and assess it again tomorrow. My hopes of an April half marathon are fading. 

HOLY SHIT! I got selected for the NYC Marathon! I'm so freaking pumped. No question I'll be ready and finish. None. 

Can't even tell you how happy I am. 

My August - November:

Aug 3: NYC Triathlon (Olympic Distance)

Aug 31: Six Flags Great Adventure Tri (Competing in Sprint)

Sept 19: Princeton 70.3 Half Ironman

Nov 3: NYC Marathon

Unrelated: I'm fairly sure that I may have cracked or at least bruised a rib recently. Breathing has been a pain in the ass in general today. Not pleased with how much of a setback this could become. 

Bummer man, hope it's not as bad as you think. Were you horseplaying with Shaq at work again...?haha

Bummer man, hope it's not as bad as you think. Were you horseplaying with Shaq at work again...?haha

I wish it was a cool story involving Shaq, haha. I was just horsing around with my girlfriend and felt this insane shift in my ribcage that took the wind out of me for a minute or so. After that it felt totally fine up until this morning. We'll see how the best few days go.