HEY! We Don't Have That Where I Live.

Ted's Hot Dogs (dogs, burgers, fries, milkshakes)

Anderson's Frozen Custard (roast beef and ice cream)

John and Mary's Submarines (subs and pizza)

Duff's Famous Wings

Anchor Bar (more wings)

Jim's Steakout (subs again, amazing when drunk)

Just Pizza (or really ANY pizza place in Buffalo)

SPoT Coffee (for the hipsters)

Tim Hortons (you probably want their coffee.)

Mighty Taco (yummmm)

Chef's (spaghetti)

If you come to Buffalo, eat at any of these places and their food will blow your mind. There

Wait, people like Friendly's? 

ok, here's the thing. i used to never eat there because it was garbage; both the food and the people who worked there. sometime in the past 2 or 3 years, i started going there again and holy shit the honey bbq chicken supermelt sandwich is so good. and the ice cream. the ice cream is so good.

Faygo (rock & rye!)

Beaners/Biggby Coffee

Tim Hortons

Fleetwood Diner, of which there are 2, and they are amazing.

When I moved to Michigan I was astounded at the lack of 7-11s. There are a few here and there, and every once in a while I see a new one. They were EVERYWHERE where I grew up.

this might have been a thread before (and i might have even started it a long time ago?) but i'm too lazy to search for it.

post things up in hurrrrrr that you have where you live, but you were appalled to find that people in other parts of the country/world don't have. this is probably going to be mostly food related stuff.

i'll start it off:

tastykakes (how do people live without these?!)

sheetz

friendly's (com'on. you get ice cream with your meal.)

gertrude hawk chocolate

i used to avoid going to the one by me, but they got new management/staff and now i go there all the time because dat honey barbeque chicken supermelt is SO GOOD.

edit:

http://www.friendlys.com/menu/lunch-dinner/supermelt-sandwiches

YO! That melt is like...the only thing I will eat from Friendly's. I didn't realize they didn't have them other places.

i hear so much about this magical place, yet have never to my knowledge seen or set foot inside of one.

I LOVE PUBLIX. It rules. Seriously.

Also, we have scrapple. 

But no one wants that, be thankful.

YO! That melt is like...the only thing I will eat from Friendly's. I didn't realize they didn't have them other places.

I LOVE PUBLIX. It rules. Seriously.

Also, we have scrapple. 

But no one wants that, be thankful.

that supermelt is literally the only thing i ever order from there, haha.

and yes. scrapple. my dad LOVES it.

grossest thing ever. i went to the apple harvest festival once and they were making it 'fresh' (i'm not sure if i would ever use that word to describe scrapple) and stirring what looked like vomit in a giant cauldron.  i had to wait in line and watch/smell them making it for at least 15 minutes, which seemed like an eternity. i told my dad i should get the daughter of the year award for doing that for him. ugh.

the pennsylvania dutch have some amazing food and some incredibly awful food.

I never thought anything of Publix until I ventured out of Florida, I am thankful for Publix now.

My 20th birthday involved a Publix cake and very drunk boys decorating said cake with dinosaurs while singing "Happy Birthday" in dramatic opera voices. 

One of my favorite birthdays to this date, even though I'm not friends with most the people involved anymore.

The cake was pretty damn good too. 

We also grabbed Publix subs (I have to use the word sub because we don't have them here so it feels wrong calling it a hoagie) on the way to Downtown Disney to celebrate my 20th some more. Those were also slammin.

OH AND SHADY MAPLE.

the biggest, best smorgasboard any of you will ever experience.

they have every kind of food and soda imaginable there; even icee machines.

out in the middle of nowhere amish land. if we ever have a PA VC meetup, it should be there.

http://www.shady-maple.com/

that supermelt is literally the only thing i ever order from there, haha.

and yes. scrapple. my dad LOVES it.

grossest thing ever. i went to the apple harvest festival once and they were making it 'fresh' (i'm not sure if i would ever use that word to describe scrapple) and stirring what looked like vomit in a giant cauldron.  i had to wait in line and watch/smell them making it for at least 15 minutes, which seemed like an eternity. i told my dad i should get the daughter of the year award for doing that for him. ugh.

the pennsylvania dutch have some amazing food and some incredibly awful food.

*slow chant* HOT BACON DRESSING! HOT BACON DRESSING! HOT BACON DRESSING!

You can absolutely hold serving it on dandelions though, I'm not about that life.

OH AND SHADY MAPLE.

the biggest, best smorgasboard any of you will ever experience.

they have every kind of food and soda imaginable there; even icee machines.

out in the middle of nowhere amish land. if we ever have a PA VC meetup, it should be there.

http://www.shady-maple.com/

And the gift store is fantastic!