PO NOW Dikembe / The Jazz June Split - Spring via TE/TSR

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad they've been using more varied vocal melodies/delivery. That was my one gripe with Chicago Bowls and a fair amount of Broad Shoulders. So many tracks sounded so similar vocally. I even found a band on Bandcamp named Snacking that copied their style and vocal delivery almost exactly. I think they took that song off their page and they sound different now.

I'm glad they've been using more varied vocal melodies/delivery. That was my one gripe with Chicago Bowls and a fair amount of Broad Shoulders. So many tracks sounded so similar vocally. I even found a band on Bandcamp named Snacking that copied their style and vocal delivery almost exactly. I think they took that song off their page and they sound different now.

I take it you didn't listen to Wavelets much before Dikembe, the vocal stylings did not vary much at all on CB, in fact some of the same lyrics were used in both acts. Dikembe is still a pretty young band, they're probably still figuring out their defining sound and so far it's been great.

http://tinyengines.bandcamp.com/track/were-really-jazzed-about-the-gig

I take it you didn't listen to Wavelets much before Dikembe, the vocal stylings did not vary much at all on CB, in fact some of the same lyrics were used in both acts. Dikembe is still a pretty young band, they're probably still figuring out their defining sound and so far it's been great.

http://tinyengines.bandcamp.com/track/were-really-jazzed-about-the-gig

Yeah I only listened to them a little bit. I think I had their split with Senders downloaded. I could definitely tell I had heard that voice before when I heard Dikembe haha. I only listened to  Chicago Bowls a little, but I really liked "Not Today, Angel" on Broad Shoulders. And their song on the Pet Symmetry split is good. So I'm glad I kept checking out their releases as time went on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...