WTB Microsoft Zune (80+ GB)

sethdavid

Haha your the first person I've met who wants a Zune. I had one when I was younger. How come you're looking for one?

They're wayyyyy nicer than iPods.

If Zunes went so damn expensive after market I'd have another myself.

My 120GB is on its way out and I had to replace it with an iPod...

Just not the same....

Zune will always be superior. I wish Microsoft didn't discontinue it. Lots of people didn't get into it because it was wan't made by apple and lots of people endlessly defend and support that company for no reason. It also had less time to be developed and change, it came out five years after the iPod had or something like that. I love my Zune. 

To anyone who needs their Zune repaired: http://www.abczunerepair.com/

Lots of people didn't get into it because it was wan't made by apple and lots of people endlessly defend and support that company for no reason. 

Could the reason be that they just tend to make long lasting quality products?

I've personally never had to find any fix or support for any apple product I've owned.  I've had iPods for years that always worked perfectly, and actually never died.  I've ended up selling a few iPods (that were 4-5 years old) for quite a bit of money because the resale on them is fantastic due to the fact that they typically just don't die.  Any other brand tends to crap out in a matter of weeks... a few months if I'm lucky.

I won't make any comments on interface preferences as everyone's different, but I have to roll my eyes whenever someone says that there's "no reason" to like an Apple product.

I'm looking for one because I honestly cannot stand iTunes. I know most people are just used to it, but after being with the Zune software for 5+ years, iTunes seems archaic and I really don't want to deal with it anymore. Overall just enjoyed Zune over iPod. 

THIS!! I have a 120gb Zune and I'll replace every single part of it until it can't be taped up anymore. Itunes is just horrific.

I had this:

http://www.amazon.com/Archos-Jukebox-6000-Player-Drive/dp/B000050NPX/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1394457529&sr=1-2&keywords=archos+jukebox+mp3+player

It was like carrying around a brick.. and about as useful as one too.

Not for nothing, if the ONLY reason is that iTunes sucks (which it certainly does), you don't have to use iTunes to manage an iPod.. I use Foobar for mine.

Could the reason be that they just tend to make long lasting quality products?

I've personally never had to find any fix or support for any apple product I've owned.  I've had iPods for years that always worked perfectly, and actually never died.  I've ended up selling a few iPods (that were 4-5 years old) for quite a bit of money because the resale on them is fantastic due to the fact that they typically just don't die.  Any other brand tends to crap out in a matter of weeks... a few months if I'm lucky.

I won't make any comments on interface preferences as everyone's different, but I have to roll my eyes whenever someone says that there's "no reason" to like an Apple product.

From my experience, I've never seen them last significantly longer than any of their other competitors. One of my friends (with a computer science degree has gone through three macbooks in four years) and among everyone I know, they've gone through countless iPods. I've had one Zune for six years. I don't mean this to come off like "apple totally suckzzzz" or to get this thread off track, I just don't understand why they have a cult following when all they do is make overpriced gizmos. A girl in my math class last year had an apple tattoo behind her ear. Maybe that is a little more reasonable sounding than my last post.

I have a 1st gen Zune... not sure of the capacity, but it was the biggest one available when they came out.

I never use it anymore, so I'd be happy to sell or trade it away.

I was thinking about loading it with all the liveprimus.com shows from 2003 and 2004 (22 gb of mp3s!!) and selling it on eBay... any idea if that's legal?!