Fest 13

I am so envious of all of you lucky kids who get to go to Fest.

Unfortunately Fest always clashes with uni exams for those of us in Australia. Literally 3 weeks later and I could make it! Such a bummer.

Regardless, here are the bands I WOULD be seeing haha

Apologies, I Have None / Cayetana / Dikembe / Empire! Empire! / Hostage Calm / Hotelier / Into It. Over It. / Little Big League / Menzingers / Pentimento / Signals Midwest AND THE FUCKING DESCENDENTS!

Sucks...Literally all my fave bands are on this initial lineup, not even taking into account the194124 more bands to be announced.

Also guys - make sure you check out Smith Street Band from Australia! They're playing Fest and Pre-Fest. My favourite band ever, and the nicest of dudes. Make sure you give them (and Bosma, their merch guy/manager) massive hugs. Stream their stuff and get ready to have the best time of your lives: http://thesmithstreetband.bandcamp.com/

i really hope iron chic plays with banner pilot as per usual. that was a fun gig, and Crusades kicked major ass.

This year, i really want to see CHUMPED. i'm in love (not really, but i find her attractive from afar) with that singer person. :P

Same here, man! Chumped are definitely on my list of bands I have to catch this year.

Also, how big is the Bo Diddley Plaza? Anyone think that with the Florida Theater closed down, when Descendents play it'll be packed to the point of people not being able to get in to see them?

Same here, man! Chumped are definitely on my list of bands I have to catch this year.

Also, how big is the Bo Diddley Plaza? Anyone think that with the Florida Theater closed down, when Descendents play it'll be packed to the point of people not being able to get in to see them?

it's a nice size. it's across the street from the lunch box. they had unrelated free shows going on their during fest a few times..like cover bands and shit.

from thier Facebook:

Sorry about the slow website!

Here's the full list of new bands added:

Hot Water Music, Touché Amoré, Masked Intruder, Screaming Females, Ben Nichols, Modern Baseball, Pianos Become the Teeth, The Sidekicks, Everyone Everywhere, Tiltwheel, Smalltown (SE), Enabler, Rescuer, Runaway Brother, Shallow Cuts, Rational Anthem, Et Tu Brute, Three Man Cannon, The Hundred Acre Wood, Chalk Talk, SRVVLST, Arliss Nancy , Kittyhawk, Two Knights, Cicada Radio , Lindsey Mills, Close Talker, Junior Battles, Protagonist, Sunshine State, Teen Agers, Wet Nurse, The Bennies (AU), The Shell Corporation, Stabbed in Back, Brian Marquis, Too Many Daves, Andrew Cream (Full Band), Arms Aloft, My Man, Nothing In The Dark, Placeholder, Rust Belt Lights, and the Duppies.

Also, Restorations, Worriers, Pale Angels, Cumulus and a reunion from SPRAYNARD will be appearing at both FEST 13 (GAINESVILLE) as well as Big Pre-Fest in Little Ybor 2!

Most of the bands that play Fest are associated with the more well known punk/pop-punk labels, such as Fat Wreck Chords, Epitaph, No Idea, etc.

There are also a ton of lesser-knowns that usually end up putting on better shows than their more popular contemporaries, but regardless of what band(s) you go to see, it is always a good time because you get to be a part of an annual punk infestation of Gainesville.

If you are going to Fest, make sure to catch my buddies in The Bennies. They will be one of the most entertaining bands of the whole thing.

It's sounds bizarre. But think electro-ska-punk-party times all rolled up in a doob and smoked after a few tabs of acid and a thousand beers.

http://thebennies.bandcamp.com/album/party-party-party

Made a spotify playlist of bands that have been announced to far to get ahead of the curve and figure out who i'd want to see:

Not all the bands are there, like 3 or 4 weren't on spotify. I'll keep it updated as more get announced.

https://play.spotify.com/user/124146748/playlist/6TUkz1E54kRrZRlWwKjkhw

Made a spotify playlist of bands that have been announced to far to get ahead of the curve and figure out who i'd want to see:

Not all the bands are there, like 3 or 4 weren't on spotify. I'll keep it updated as more get announced.

i'll be on this during my shift tonight

How do I open this in the actual Spotify program?