Guest deleted

I ordered Salad Days from Captured Tracks on the 4th, and my shipping info still says "Shipping label created."

I contacted them on the 12th and asked why it hasn't shipped. Their answer: "We've been quite busy trying to get these Wonderful World Of Mac DeMarco 7' Series shipped out and its caused a delay in regular orders. We should be shipping your order early next week..."

I'm sorry, but that excuse is pretty ridiculous. Even if it ships on Monday, that will have been 12 days from when I placed the order. They seriously couldn't find the time over the course of two weeks to send out an LP?! Sounds like their shipping department is being mismanaged. 

I ordered one from Amoeba and it's already been shipped. Needless to say, this will probably be the last time I order directly from Captured Tracks.

They are a pretty small operation. i've been to the shipping warehouse before and they don't have some huge team shipping stuff out 24/7 (and it's not a massive warehouse, big, but not huge). I agree you're stuff probably should have shipped already, but they do a great job with what they have and they always get back to you when you email them. Mac is by far the most popular artist on the label and a lot of care goes into packaging and assembling those box sets. Mine just arrived this week when it was supposed to be sent out like three weeks ago, but rest assured they'll take care of you in the end.

They are a pretty small operation. i've been to the shipping warehouse before and they don't have some huge team shipping stuff out 24/7 (and it's not a massive warehouse, big, but not huge). I agree you're stuff probably should have shipped already, but they do a great job with what they have and they always get back to you when you email them. Mac is by far the most popular artist on the label and a lot of care goes into packaging and assembling those box sets. Mine just arrived this week when it was supposed to be sent out like three weeks ago, but rest assured they'll take care of you in the end.

I understand that they're a small operation. I directly support indie labels as much as possible and give them leniency when it comes to things like shipping and response times.

However, if it takes you 2 weeks to send out an LP, you're doing something wrong.

And when someone emails you ten days after placing an order asking where it is, you don't tell them that it will be shipped in a another week... you make that customer a priority & go out of your way to get it in the mail ASAP. In the time it took to reply to my inquiry, they could have packaged the album.

However, if it takes you 2 weeks to send out an LP, you're doing something wrong.

And when someone emails you ten days after placing an order asking where it is, you don't tell them that it will be shipped in a another week... you make that customer a priority & go out of your way to get it in the mail ASAP. In the time it took to reply to my inquiry, they could have packaged the album.

Please stop. 

They're very communicative on Discogs so you could message them there. Sure, they're very slow at shipping stuff out in the masses but their customer service is pretty good.

My Mac Demarco 7" box set came in beat to shit. 8 of the 10 7" got some severe scuffing on them too...*sigh* Really disappointed. I hope they can replace it, otherwise that's $130 down the drain.  :unsure:

It's funny... two straight pages of people complaining about the label (no communication, slow shipments, damaged packages, etc.), and yet my comment at the top of this page was massively downvoted.

Day 13: My order still hasn't shipped.

im waiting too. i emailed last week and they said it would ship out this week because they were getting the box sets sent out.. still not an excuse for not shipping out a 2.5 week old order lol. 

fuck. i want to order one so bad, but was kinda afraid of this.

Bummer, the package I received was a little beat up but my box and 7"s were thankfully fine (looks like some weird scuffing on the front of the box but nothing severe).

It's a shame to hear about their current level of customer support. Derek was always the man when I had issues or questions about an order, hopefully he's still around and can fix you guys up.

It's funny... two straight pages of people complaining about the label (no communication, slow shipments, damaged packages, etc.), and yet my comment at the top of this page was massively downvoted.

Day 13: My order still hasn't shipped.

It's because you're being an entitled prick. 

Who cares as long as your records get to you? I've waited 3 months for a record before. And I've actually been waiting 11 months for one as of now, sure at that point it's completely ridiculous, especially without word from the label, but waiting 2 weeks is not by any means a long amount of time. 

Who cares as long as your records get to you? I've waited 3 months for a record before. And I've actually been waiting 11 months for one as of now, sure at that point it's completely ridiculous, especially without word from the label, but waiting 2 weeks is not by any means a long amount of time. 

i think that if a record is advertised as in stock, it should ship a little sooner than 3 weeks. but i do understand that captured tracks is a small outfit i guess. i'm not dying from waiting by any means, it can just get a little annoying when you receive a shipping notification, but it doesnt actually ship until weeks later.

Look, I'm not really that upset over it... I just think it's pretty poor customer service. If they had said "It'll take a few weeks to get it to you," that would have been fine.

Instead, they gave me a shipping number (as in, "hey look! your record has shipped"), and then didn't ship it. And then gave me an excuse and a further delay.

I've sold 300-400 records over the past year. It never took me a week to send out someone's order, and selling music isn't even my job.

Look, I'm not really that upset over it... I just think it's pretty poor customer service. If they had said "It'll take a few weeks to get it to you," that would have been fine.

Instead, they gave me a shipping number (as in, "hey look! your record has shipped"), and then didn't ship it. And then gave me an excuse and a further delay.

I've sold 300-400 records over the past year. It never took me a week to send out someone's order, and selling music isn't even my job.

Now now now... Couldn't we all agree it's much easier to flip, I mean sell off your double vs a record label who's working with both distributors and individual and a lot of individual, orders?

I catch your drift though, CT has been doing this for a while and they've expanded into a music group Omni whatever and into Sinderlyn who knows. This is what you get for having interns work as shippers

Day 15: Still hasn't shipped. Cancelled my order & requested refund.

After a week went by I knew something was up, so I went ahead and placed an order with Amoeba just in case. Of course, it has already arrived and my CT order still says "Shipping label created."

I'm a patient motherfucker, but there's no viable excuse for this.

Except its okay to be entitled since he purchased it.

You can sugarcoat it all you want calling them a small label and what not, but a business is a business and they've got obligations regardless of their circumstances.