Guest deleted

wouldnt buy records unless the vinyuls was colored

Who said I didn't buy the black vinyl copies? Is it so wrong to own those and hope that a color vinyl reissue is released as well?

I mean I guess if I bought one of those color reissues I wouldnt be nearly as "cool" as the people that bought the original color vinyl copies. And I guess I couldn't be as fake "cool" as them by helping pay a flippers rent and buying an original color copy right now. But a color vinyl repress would be a nice addition for me to have nonetheless.

Who said I didn't buy the black vinyl copies? Is it so wrong to own those and hope that a color vinyl reissue is released as well?

I mean I guess if I bought one of those color reissues I wouldnt be nearly as "cool" as the people that bought the original color vinyl copies. And I guess I couldn't be as fake "cool" as them by helping pay a flippers rent and buying an original color copy right now. But a color vinyl repress would be a nice addition for me to have nonetheless.

theyre just joking, its going to be alright

The only Yellow version of salad days is in the box set. Non box set LPs have just been black.

Some stores (Origami, Amoeba and 1234-Go in California) sold individual copies of Salad Days on yellow wax around black Friday of last year. Could have been a repress or just leftover LPs from Captured Tracks.

Some stores (Origami, Amoeba and 1234-Go in California) sold individual copies of Salad Days on yellow wax around black Friday of last year. Could have been a repress or just leftover LPs from Captured Tracks.

Would seem to make sense that they were the extra copies for the box sets since this release has yet to be repressed, correct? The first repress is hitting stores this month, isn't it?

I ordered Salad Days from Captured Tracks on the 4th, and my shipping info still says "Shipping label created."

I contacted them on the 12th and asked why it hasn't shipped. Their answer: "We've been quite busy trying to get these Wonderful World Of Mac DeMarco 7' Series shipped out and its caused a delay in regular orders. We should be shipping your order early next week..."

I'm sorry, but that excuse is pretty ridiculous. Even if it ships on Monday, that will have been 12 days from when I placed the order. They seriously couldn't find the time over the course of two weeks to send out an LP?! Sounds like their shipping department is being mismanaged. 

I ordered one from Amoeba and it's already been shipped. Needless to say, this will probably be the last time I order directly from Captured Tracks.