PO: The Sounds Of Animals Fighting - Tiger and the Duke / Lover, The Lord Has Left Us

Alright, seeing as how the gatefolds are a bitch to measure and cut I think I'm only going to make 20 gatefolds for each album. To be cool I might just include the story on an insert for the single jacket versions. If you ordered a test pressing then I will give first dibs to those people for the gatefold since it will have an /20 on the back. Once everyone who ordered a test pressing has theirs made I will make the remaining 20 without the /20 on the back and they will be first come first serve. For now I need to know who has a test pressing of Tiger and The Duke ordered. Message me. I still dont know how much I am going to charge but since I'm doing inserts and all that I was thinking $25 for gatefolds and $20 for regular jackets. Unless you guys feel thats a rip off. Let me know what you feel is a reasonable price. I will take some detailed shots of the jackets tonight so you can get an idea of the quality.

Alright if I'm gonna make gatefolds for all of them it's twice as much paper and cutting. I can only cut 3 pieces at a time so I don't compromise the 90 degree angle of each corner. The front and back are one sheet and the inside is another. That's 2 pieces cut for each gatefold. It takes me an average of 7-8 minutes to cut the paper and make my measurements for folding one jacket. I have to print each 12" square separately (print the front, flip it around and print the back) since that's how the printer is. Printing 4 squares and lining it up straight so the spine isn't crooked or off center takes about 10 minutes per jacket. Making the folds and glueing it together took me about 15 minutes with dry time. That's pretty much one gatefold every half hour. So to make 20 will take me 10 hours. Haha. Sounds crazy when it's broken down like that. If you guys want gatefolds for the standard as well then I'll need some ideas for what to do for the test pressings to make them unique. I can do different colors or something. Try to give me ideas today since I'm going to the office to print tonight.

I think the fact that the test pressings are test pressings inside makes them unique enough, especially if you're printing a __/20 on the back for people to write their number in. Don't over think it. I'm in for a gatefold, if possible, for my non-tests. I'll even come help you fold and glue if you want :)

I think the fact that the test pressings are test pressings inside makes them unique enough, especially if you're printing a __/20 on the back for people to write their number in. Don't over think it. I'm in for a gatefold, if possible, for my non-tests. I'll even come help you fold and glue if you want :)

Where are you at?

I don't want to give a shitty product so I'm gonna fine tune everything. I tried making one that was 1/8" smaller on each pocket but it just bugged me because the inner sleeve was right along the edge. I also gotta find some better glue. The shit I'm using dries too fast so it's making it hard to position everything in time.