Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

This is interesting. There are some bands/albums I feel this way about, but not necessarily Sigur Ros or these albums. Not trying to start shit, but what makes you think this, if you don't mind explaining?

Not that I necessarily agree either, but one reason that I could see is that the majority of their albums are just that -- an album, not a collection of songs. They're best suited for listening in their entirety, seamlessly. I don't own any of their albums on vinyl yet, but I could see how flipping/changing the record could get in the way of the "experience".

Not that I necessarily agree either, but one reason that I could see is that the majority of their albums are just that -- an album, not a collection of songs. They're best suited for listening in their entirety, seamlessly. I don't own any of their albums on vinyl yet, but I could see how flipping/changing the record could get in the way of the "experience".

I could see how that might be, I don't know that it would bother me personally so much with these as they are still individual songs, but Sleep - Dopesmoker is one that really gets me.

For those of you that don't know (I know GhostTrail does), Dopesmoker is one long song that covers 3 sides. That one is annoying to have to flip.

I could see how that might be, I don't know that it would bother me personally so much with these as they are still individual songs, but Sleep - Dopesmoker is one that really gets me.

For those of you that don't know (I know GhostTrail does), Dopesmoker is one long song that covers 3 sides. That one is annoying to have to flip.

You just need two turntables and two copies, problem = solved!  In all seriousness, they did a good job of making the split as unintrusive as possible and it does sound excellent.

You just need two turntables and two copies, problem = solved! In all seriousness, they did a good job of making the split as unintrusive as possible and it does sound excellent.

Well, yeah, I have it an listen to it on occasion. :)

It's just one of the few albums that if I feel like listening at home, I may not immediately head over to my table for it.

This is interesting. There are some bands/albums I feel this way about, but not necessarily Sigur Ros or these albums. Not trying to start shit, but what makes you think this, if you don't mind explaining?

to me it is the kind of music that I just want to put on and get lost in.. i dont want to have side breaks and having to flip.  breaks the continuity. There are some other bands/albums that I think are just better digested on CD/Digtital and most of these came out during the cd/digital era.  Also the dynamics of sigur ros really emphasizes surface noise, clicks and pops.. and those totally take me out of experiencing the album.

one album that you'd think would suite cd/digital, given my rationale, would be pink floyds darkside, but it works and I think thats because its not a 2LP set and the flip acts as a nice intermission, pee/smoke break.

Tools Aenima, i prefer on cd/digital.

*** these will be new masters apparently, different plates for sure.  

to me it is the kind of music that I just want to put on and get lost in.. i dont want to have side breaks and having to flip.  breaks the continuity. There are some other bands/albums that I think are just better digested on CD/Digtital and most of these came out during the cd/digital era.  Also the dynamics of sigur ros really emphasizes surface noise, clicks and pops.. and those totally take me out of experiencing the album.

one album that you'd think would suite cd/digital, given my rationale, would be pink floyds darkside, but it works and I think thats because its not a 2LP set and the flip acts as a nice intermission, pee/smoke break.

Tools Aenima, i prefer on cd/digital.

*** these will be new masters apparently, different plates for sure.  

Good call on Darkside. I can respect the reasoning for the cd/digital format for the stuff you listed for sure. 

all that being said.. I dont own any cd's anymore.. and only listen to sigur ros on vinyl.  and can they just hurry up already with Takk.

I have seen them live about 3 times now.  Tears this first time for sure, small theatre about 14 years ago.  When they hit the mirror ball with the lights and the song popped.. so did my tear ducts.

second time they had some tech problems and the whole show was a bit of a letdown, since the first was soooo good and the second time wasnt as good.

Third time was an outdoor show last year (not a fest, just the venue) and it was not the appropriate place to see them.  Sunset halfway through the set, which helped but not having as much control over their light show and sound really didnt serve them well.  

I dipped out after takk and came back to the table with Kveikur (or whatever its called).

Third time was an outdoor show last year (not a fest, just the venue) and it was not the appropriate place to see them.  Sunset halfway through the set, which helped but not having as much control over their light show and sound really didnt serve them well.  

You an Oregonian? I was at the Edgefield show. One of two shows that I've shed tears at.

I wonder why ( ) preorder isnt on elusivedisc... 

Yeah. I wonder if these are really going to be released in late January. I would've thought they'd been available to pre order everywhere by now but I guess not.

In other news, I just picked up Inni, Valtari, and Meo Suo, all of which I've never really heard before. Digging them!

Okay, so I've been doing a bit of research. Looks like that 1/20 date might be a placeholder as every site that has these listed has a different date. The dates vary from 1/20 - 2/18. Some things I've found out (not 100% though):

• Von is 1xLP, Agaetis and ( ) are 2xLP 
  • Seems like they all come with a CD

Von info: 

Cat number - XLLP609

EAN/UPC - 0634904060916

Agaetis info: 

Cat number - XLLP610

EAN/UPC - 0634904061012

( ) info:

Cat number - XLLP611

EAN/UPC - 0634904061111

Some sites that have it up for preorder (probably not worth it to do so yet):