Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

• 2 weeks later...

( ) is only 15.80GBP on Amazon.co.uk right now, which is a great price. If you plan on importing ( ) from the UK, I think this is your best option. (It appears this album will not be released in the US next month). 

Nice, I just pre-ordered one of those. It ended up being less than $19 USD shipped somehow. I'm not complaining...

Nice, I just pre-ordered one of those. It ended up being less than $19 USD shipped somehow. I'm not complaining...

Any idea on how you got it for $19 shipped?  The currency conversion shows that this order would come to $23.67 USD based off of $15.80 GBP.  

Still a pretty solid discount and cheaper than Ageatis Byrjun through US Amazon at $29.98 which I'm assuming would be close to the price for ( ) if/when it gets a US release date.

Any idea on how you got it for $19 shipped? The currency conversion shows that this order would come to $23.67 USD based off of $15.80 GBP.

Still a pretty solid discount and cheaper than Ageatis Byrjun through US Amazon at $29.98 which I'm assuming would be close to the price for ( ) if/when it gets a US release date.

You guys in the US don't have to pay VAT, just go all the way to the last step of the checkout and you will see.

You guys in the US don't have to pay VAT, just go all the way to the last step of the checkout and you will ser.

There isn't any VAT showing in my order and the total came to 16.25 GBP with 13.17 for the item and 3.08 for postage/packaging.  That 16.25 converted from GBP to USD comes to $24.38.  I'm a prime member so I don't think that's a factor.  

Not a biggie but I decided to pick up Ageatis Byrjun also since it was cheaper than in the US.  If there was a way to find it for $19 USD shipped, I wouldn't mind getting the $8 additional savings off both albums from what I'm showing I'm paying.

Thanks.

There isn't any VAT showing in my order and the total came to 16.25 GBP with 13.17 for the item and 3.08 for postage/packaging.  That 16.25 converted from GBP to USD comes to $24.38.  I'm a prime member so I don't think that's a factor.  

Not a biggie but I decided to pick up Ageatis Byrjun also since it was cheaper than in the US.  If there was a way to find it for $19 USD shipped, I wouldn't mind getting the $8 additional savings off both albums from what I'm showing I'm paying.

Thanks.

I'm curious, too. A Prime member and I'm getting the exact same figures as you...

I need to freshen up my knowledge of foreign currencies! My order total came out to 16.25 GBP shipped, but I was initially under the impression that this was Euros not GBP. So I did pay the $25 USD, not $19 USD had it been Euros. Still way happy with that number.

Absolutely.  Definitely a savings over the US at this point for AB.  Just glad to be able to order () at all.

So I've been doing a little more research and from what I've seen, it looks like the UK versions of these reissues are 180 gram vinyl while the US ones are 150 gram. Also, I haven't seen any US site mention anything about including a CD, but most of the UK sites do.

The above information may be correct or false, just observing.  

So I've been doing a little more research and from what I've seen, it looks like the UK versions of these reissues are 180 gram vinyl while the US ones are 150 gram. Also, I haven't seen any US site mention anything about including a CD, but most of the UK sites do.

thanks for posting this. i'll hold off on my order until we can get further clarification. 

This has been like that for all the latest Sigur Ros releases - Inni and Valtari (probably Kveikur too).