Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

Bought myself recently Okki Nokki and I have since cleaned many records (which were a lot noisier than the 2009 DMM Sigur Ros records - same type of noise, new records) with great success. So a proper deep wet cleaning can do wonders. I will finally deep-clean my DMM Sigur Ros versions this weekend and will let you know.

from what I have read its distortion during the louder parts.. which to me sounds like they cut them way too hot.  sad.  cleaned my 2013 re on a VPI16.5 and it made no noticeable improvement.

Just got these (AgB, ( ) ) both in today then read this post so decided to document the tracks as I go through. Only have time for ( ) tonight:

A1-3 crystal clear

B1 - a bit shaky in the right channel throughout, though parts of the track sound great.

B2 - really crisp even at the quiet start and end 

C1 - rough in the right channel, particularly when the song starts ramping up, this sounds spectacular when it really kicks in, however you can tell the noise is still lingering in the background

C2 - beautiful when quiet, when that noise kicks in doe :/ painful, dreadful, gah

D - the rumor mill is true, there is something not right here either, a bit squirly in the quieter parts when he's doing those icelandic howls or whatever they are, nowhere near as bad as C2. The end is a quasi-distorted mess (although I actually kinda dig what the fault has caused here) entirely listenable and enjoyable

If you're not in a rush to have this I would definitely give it a pass and see if the US press resolves some of these issues. For me I'll be keeping it as I got it at the cheaper price, C2 is the only extremely distorted track, but that happens to be my personal least favourite on the album anyway.

damnit.  i popped in here because i was stoked to see that my ( ) from amazon.co.uk had shipped, only to find out that it is a bad press.  it probably isn't worth dealing with returning it to the uk, huh?  unless i refuse delivery and it goes back on its own.

any ideas?

damnit.  i popped in here because i was stoked to see that my ( ) from amazon.co.uk had shipped, only to find out that it is a bad press.  it probably isn't worth dealing with returning it to the uk, huh?  unless i refuse delivery and it goes back on its own.

any ideas?

Chat with Amazon... I told them before that shipping would be too expensive and they let me keep my record and gave me my money back.

They refunded you before you received the album?

yea.  i told them that there is a known manufacturing error with the c/d side.  he researched it and offered to refund me.  it was pretty great.

in fact, i've already promised myself that when it arrives i'll listen to it and if it, somehow, is not defective, i'll contact amazon and offer to pay for it again.  i am 100% loyal to that kind of service.

Since everyone seems to be getting free swag I was curious so I thought I'd see what the Amazon rep would say to me about it.

I tried to get them to comment about this item in particular, but I just got the generic spiel - 'sorry your item was defective, we'll send you another'. I expressed my concern that I would end up with just another defective replacement, but the agent 'assured' me that the replacement would be fine. I have my doubts...

In any case, I've gotta send the old one back which I'm fine with. Replacement arrives Sunday so will give it a spin then!

Since everyone seems to be getting free swag I was curious so I thought I'd see what the Amazon rep would say to me about it.

I tried to get them to comment about this item in particular, but I just got the generic spiel - 'sorry your item was defective, we'll send you another'. I expressed my concern that I would end up with just another defective replacement, but the agent 'assured' me that the replacement would be fine. I have my doubts...

In any case, I've gotta send the old one back which I'm fine with. Replacement arrives Sunday so will give it a spin then!

It's not about getting free shit. It's about paying for something that works.