Repacements Vinyl Box Sets Coming

The Sire albums are all pretty easy to come by, but I'll probably pick up the Twin/Tone box if it's not too spendy. Although the elitist in me says to just hold onto my OG Let It Be and keep hunting for a decently priced Hootenanny and Sorry Ma.

Hootenanny pops up every now and then for $40 or so. Either way, it's gonna be awesome to have all of the Twin Tone era LPs.

Its as close as we'll ever get i guess. Especially with Chris giving his blessing on this lineup. But yeah their own songs sounded great and the covers and improvs were predictably sloppy.

I have a record signed by Tommy, Chris, and Paul hanging up in my office. The prized possession of my ridiculous vinyl hobby.

Has anybody seen them live lately? I just found out they're coming here in a week and was wondering if it is worth it to go.

Absolutely worth it. But know what you're getting into. They have moments of greatness and moments of complete sloppiness, but that's the band in a nutshell. 

They're also funny and fun as hell. 

I have the rest of them. I'm pumped to get Let it Be. I wish they'd repress that "I'm in Trouble" 7", too. I love "If Only You Were Lonely".

I would love that.  I'm missing that and I really have trouble justifying that much for a 7" in probably VG+/VG+ condition.

I saw them in September and I saw them a few weeks ago (first show of the tour) and I thought they were great.  Set list primarily focused on the post-Twin Tone material, one song off Hootenany and a handful of Let It Be stuff. Couple of goofy covers.  Nothing from Sorry, Ma unfortunately.  Not what I would have chose, but it was a good show overall.  I'm guessing this is the best they've ever sounded.

I felt out of place in the crowd.  I was probably the youngest person in my section by 15-20 years.

• 1 month later...