There should be a library - for records

I worked for the music department library at my university in the late 90s and we had a huge vinyl collection. Students couldn't just randomly go through them though, they needed to know what they wanted and we'd get it. So stuff didn't get stolen but those records ended up in pretty terrible shape. That's where I first got into records actually.

I love the part where if you've been collecting for longer than this joker, you're "old." Just because some of us started collecting before it was "the cool thing to do" doesn't mean we're all 40+ here, dude.

I am and I've tried very hard not to be cool, well apart from a very short period around 1990, I don't want to go there again!!

Ehhh I see your point, but its more like I've finally found a place where I can talk about this shit with other people. I've been doing this for the last 5 years or so now, which I know is a pittance when compared to older people like you (assuming) who are in their 40's and 50's and have been at this for 20+ years. What's wrong with being excited? This is just how I am, haha. Why would you want to be living a life WITHOUT things that make you freak out?

And also, that last part... see, that wasn't so hard to say something nice now, was it? lol

Pics or it didn't happen?

TrcVp3o.jpgZH7Pwz6.jpg

TrcVp3o.jpgZH7Pwz6.jpg

i hate you so much.

Nice Caspian sticker, though! I just saw them on Friday for the firs time. Aside from the sub-par mixing (wayyyy too much high end distortion) it was fucking amazing.

Picked up a vinyl copy of "Tertia" and CD copies of "I Am the Conductor", "Tertia", and "The Four Trees". I also got a free t-shirt for driving from Albany haha.

Regretting not picking up Live at Old South Church because now that I've listened to the Tertia material enough, I'm jonesing for that live material.

Hopefully the band gets back to me...

Can't wait to see them in October again.

Bloodpheasant opened, another band from that area. Spinning their record as we speak.

I dig Bloodpheasant. I've seen them in Providence, RI a couple times.

Yeah man, they were reallllly good. I really dug their sound, a mix of Isis, Cult of Luna, and some more indie sort of thing. Suuuuper heavy.

Their album was only $10 too, and has tons of good songs and sounds great.

Their stage sound was too much for their drummer's kit to handle though... haha. About 2 minutes into the 1st song, the kick drum pedal just kind of exploded haha. The bass coming from that stage was pretty gnarly. Took a good 5-6 minutes to get it straightened out, one of the springs on the hammer just flew off apparently.

Talked to the guitarist dude after for a while... super cool. Definitely want to see them again.

So I gotta ask though man, how did you come to own that copy of "A Determinism Of Morality"?

I keep searching and searching... and there just are no copies of this and Wake/Lift ANYWHERE, from ANYBODY. That must sound so good haha

• 2 years later...