There should be a library - for records

I...don't think you know what satire is.

ahhhh yeahhh, sarcastic is the better word. I always associate satire with sarcasm, though so that's probably why that word came to me first. Kind of a mocking sort of joke thing, with undertones of legitimacy (i really just wish I could listen to this stuff on record haha, is that so much to ask?!?) haha

32096380e_070_d_xlarge_default_Image.jpg

Close :P

Haha, I have a Stanton T.62 with a BBE Phono preamp that goes into an older Pioneer receiver. My speakers right now are just some generic Panasonic ones from a surround-sound system I had in high school; they have good bass response though so they're sufficing for now.

ahhhh yeahhh, sarcastic is the better word. I always associate satire with sarcasm, though so that's probably why that word came to me first. Kind of a mocking sort of joke thing, with undertones of legitimacy (i really just wish I could listen to this stuff on record haha, is that so much to ask?!?) haha

You sarcastically suggested a library for rare pressings of records?

You sarcastically suggested a library for rare pressings of records?

Yes! It would be so perfect! Owning them isn't as much of the concern for me, I just want to be able to hear it.

RSD is over, so now we have to face months of inane and duplicative threads until the new bandwagoners move on to a new hobby. That's how it works now, yes?

How's the air up there dude? ;)

I know this is "your place" for people who've been here for a long time; I have a similar thing with this Phish message board I'm a part of. So I get it.

But not every new user is some bandwagon snoob who is doing it because it's trendy to buy records at Record Store Day.

Some of us freak out over how good vinyl sounds, and that's why we are hopelessly addicted :D

If we are playing the hypothetical game where would the library be. I would suggest New York. So if you don't live there what would be the point of it even existing. How would the library get their copies? What would prevent people from losing records and just paying a replacement cost? How would the library get funding? If it is truly a rare record won't the wait time be ridiculous. Libraries normally have a large cd selection but these are able to exist due to the ability to replace CDs and the low cost to purchase them and the accessibility of new releases. Records are also much more fragile and record players vary in quality whereas a bad CD player isn't going to scratch the cd. What is going to happen when you give up the hobby in six months?

Yes! It would be so perfect! Owning them isn't as much of the concern for me, I just want to be able to hear it.

I know this is "your place" for people who've been here for a long time; I have a similar thing with this Phish message board I'm a part of. So I get it.

But not every new user is some bandwagon snoob who is doing it because it's trendy to buy records at Record Store Day.

Some of us freak out over how good vinyl sounds, and that's why we are hopelessly addicted :D

Yeah, you're right. I'm being the old crotchety guy yelling at the kids on the lawn, so sorry about that. Defenses are high in the post-RSD VC world.