PO SOON: Bloc Party - Hymns (out 1/29/16)

Amazon UK preorder:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B016IHY6PI/

Signed UK version:

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/Signed/Hymns-Signed-White-Vinyl/4YHW02BP000

e64cf1bc.png

Bloc Party today announced the details of their new album HYMNS, due for release on January 29, 2016 in standard CD and digital formats, as well as deluxe CD, deluxe digital and limited edition double vinyl formats featuring four extra songs. The album’s opening song, The Love Within, is available as an instant-grat to those pre-ordering the album; it is also available to stream and download now.

01. The Love Within

02. Only He Can Heal Me

03. So Real

04. The Good News

05. Fortress

06. Different Drugs

07. Into The Earth

08. My True Name

09. Virtue

10. Exes

11. Living Lux

12. Eden (deluxe edition bonus track)

13. Paradiso (deluxe edition bonus track)

14. New Blood (deluxe edition bonus track)

15. Evening Song (deluxe edition bonus track)

I'm not going to lie; their last album is actually a lot of fun.

Four was great. This new one is sounding like it'll be more like Intimacy or their EP The Nextwave Sessions. My hopes aren't very high for it being that great but I'm still a loyal fan that'll preorder this

Really glad I picked up Silent Alarm and A Weekend In The City back when they were first released on vinyl.

This album is the most electronic album they have ever done

How do you know? Exes and The Good News aren't electronic sounding at all. And the "synth" sound on Love Within is just an effect that Russell built for his guitar. 

I've been a huge fan since the beginning but after Four and the latest single, I'm starting to lose hope. It's just not the same without Gordon and Matt. The Love Within just sounds like a continuation of Kele's solo stuff and the dad-rock riff on The Good News is just depressing. 

The new drummer looks slightly terrified;she doesn't look as comfortable or naturally rhythmic behind the drums as Matt.

She's undoubtedly a bit nervous and I hope that subsides with more experience. I think she's only 22 or so, pretty big stage for someone without very much experience. Look up Louise Bartle to find some videos of her drumming though - she's really good.

But how's about that Silent Alarm repress?

Came here to say this. That was one of the first alternative albums I ever listened to when I was in high school. Corny, but it definitely opened up my ears. I was listening to some questionable music prior to 2005~. Not willing to fork over the $100+ that the OG presses are tagged at though.

Any other cool albums like Silent Alarm? I need more of it in my life.

The fan made bootleg 'Another Weekend In The City' that collects all the b-sides/bonus tracks and demos from 'Another Weekend In The City' has a number of tracks that sound as if they could belong on 'Silent Alarm'

The fan made bootleg 'Another Weekend In The City' that collects all the b-sides/bonus tracks and demos from 'Another Weekend In The City' has a number of tracks that sound as if they could belong on 'Silent Alarm'

Maybe The Once and Future King could fit on SA but I always thought the AWITC b-sides carried over the slight melancholy feel from that album perfectly.

I'd also suggest checking out any non-album tracks from their early days for a bit of the same angular and aggressive Bloc Party.

The Marshals Are Dead

Always New Depths

Staying Fat

Storm & Stress

Skeleton

Tulips

The Answer

• 1 month later...