***** About the new Ads **** Please read and give suggestions.

Hi 

We want to change our Ad server company and we are testing the ads of a new one. Our current ad company does provide enough income to pay for what it cost to run VC every month.

We are aware the pop up ads can be annoying.

If you have any questions, suggestions and complaints, post them here!

We will figure something better out and will keep you guys posted, just be patient!!

Thank you for your patience.

i wouldn't mind having more ads at the top and/or bottom of the page, its just the popups coming up on every single post are really annoying.

i don't know how many people browse the boards without an account, but if it isn't an insignificant number, you could maybe target the popup ads to them in addition to whatever else (if that is possible to do).

I know banners are stupid and pop ups are worse but if everyone clicked one banner a day for using VC we could cut back banners big time. Just a thought.

The idea is to keep VC as ad free as possible but it goes cost money. For example: Did you know that VC users generate over 125,000 emails a month outbound to your email box just sending notifications/alerts?

Can't be worse than those annoying messages Wikipedia posts daily asking for donations.

Still looking for input from everyone! All ideas are welcome. Thank you again

has there ever been a discussion about offering a "+" account?  Meaning, members can pay a yearly price to be part of this wonderful VC community, and possibly even have there own forum to post where the rules are a little more relaxed, but also, these "+ members" would not have to see ads?

just wondering...id pay a nominal fee for this....maybe I am not alone, maybe I am.

This is a great site, both as a resource, and a community. I don't mind having to deal with a couple of ads considering access to the site is free. You have my email address. I assume you are using that for marketing. Again, I don't mind (within reason). The full page classmates.com splash screen ads, that require me to scroll in a funny way, then click to close it, were very bothersome and not welcome. I think a banner ad under the first post per page, and, say, one under the last post per page, as long as they are music/vinyl related, properly formatted, uniform, and easily discernible as ads, are perfect acceptable.

Thanks for providing the site.