HMV Vinyl Week 2017

The hmv exclusive editions will be available on Saturday 17th June in-store only on a first-come first-served basis (while stocks last) and today we can reveal the first titles included in our vinyl line-up.

hmv vinyl week exclusive editions:

Ed Sheeran: + hmv exclusive sleeve on black vinyl (4000 copies)

The Creation: Our Music Is Red  on red & purple vinyl (1000 copies)

Suede: Suede on gold vinyl (2000 copies)

Iggy Pop: The Idiot on silver vinyl (1500 copies)

Iggy Pop: Lust For Life on red vinyl (1500 copies)

Nothing of particular interest so far personally, and fairly large editions, but it looks as if they will be adding more nearer the date.

Details here

4 minutes ago, Le Gogh said:

Hmm, none of those grab me.

Last year I seem to remember they had some good stuff, although I couldn't make it along. Hopefully this year they'll have one or two releases that interest me.

Lat year didn't they do Iron Maiden  - Brave New World? I seem to remember everyone shitting their pants over it, then they did it again for RSD this year and a big release later on

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Lat year didn't they do Iron Maiden  - Brave New World? I seem to remember everyone shitting their pants over it, then they did it again for RSD this year and a big release later on

Ha, yes they did! Thankfully my pants cleaned up nicely afterwards... 

Seem to remember a couple of nice exclusive Black Sabbath colour pressings as well. 

3 minutes ago, Le Gogh said:

Ha, yes they did! Thankfully my pants cleaned up nicely afterwards... 

Seem to remember a couple of nice exclusive Black Sabbath colour pressings as well. 

Those Sabbath pressings seem like something I should be over the moon about, but I just can't get myself to care about new Sabbath pressings. I gotta have that old stuff!

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Those Sabbath pressings seem like something I should be over the moon about, but I just can't get myself to care about new Sabbath pressings. I gotta have that old stuff!

True! Although I just checked the list from last year and they're not there. Maybe I'm thinking of something else:

http://www.hmv.com/music/hmv-vinyl-week-full-line-up-of-exclusive-titles-revealed

Second reveal, mostly old school dad rock.  Still not really feeling the love to be honest.

Saxon: Live To Rock - The Best Of 1991 - 2009 on black vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)

Bill Wyman: Bill Wyman on purple vinyl (1000 copies) 

VA: Red Hot Boppers on 10" red vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)

The Clash: Give 'Em Enough Rope on blue vinyl (1500 copies)

Status Quo: Piledriver on blue vinyl (1500 copies)

I'll be dad here and will probably pick up that Suede album. Then it's back to sitting on my DFS sofa, listening to my new LP in my slippers whilst watching F1 and remortgaging my house. Gotta get that fixed variable offset rate. 

Edited by whoa

Full list now confirmed. Some Porcupine Tree stuff added @Sasan.

Below is the complete list of hmv Exclusive vinyl for Saturday 17th June:  

Bill Wyman: Bill Wyman on purple vinyl (1000 copies)

Cream: Disraeli Gears on red vinyl (1500 copies)

Ed Sheeran: + hmv exclusive sleeve on black vinyl (4000 copies)

Eric Clapton: Slowhand on white vinyl (1500 copies) 

Iggy Pop: Lust For Life on red vinyl (1500 copies)

Iggy Pop: The Idiot on silver vinyl (1500 copies)

Porcupine Tree: One The Sunday Of Life on blue vinyl (1000 copies)

Porcupine Tree: Up The Downstair on purple vinyl (1000 copies)

Saxon: Live To Rock - The Best Of 1991 - 2009 on black vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)

Status Quo: Piledriver on blue vinyl (1500 copies)

Suede: Suede on gold vinyl (2000 copies) 

The Clash: Give 'Em Enough Rope on blue vinyl (1500 copies)

The Creation: Our Music Is Red  on red & purple vinyl (1000 copies)

The Pretty Things: Latest Writs Greatest Hits on light blue vinyl for the first time (500 copies)

VA: Red Hot Boppers on 10" red vinyl for the first time (1000 copies)

2 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Full list now confirmed. Some Porcupine Tree stuff added @Sasan.

Porcupine Tree: One The Sunday Of Life on blue vinyl (1000 copies)

Porcupine Tree: Up The Downstair on purple vinyl (1000 copies)

Holy Shit! WHAT??? Didn't know these were going to be repressed...thanks for the heads up!

First time in this thread...what is it about? Will they go on sale online on Saturday? When?

1 minute ago, Sasan said:

Holy Shit! WHAT??? Didn't know these were going to be repressed...thanks for the heads up!

First time in this thread...what is it about? Will they go on sale online on Saturday? When?

I've never taken part in one of these. My understanding is that this is in-store only but someone else may be able to speak to that.

8 minutes ago, Le Gogh said:

Damn, saw Porcupine Tree and for a second thought it was finally gonna be a Deadwing repress. 

I would offer to grab these for you Sasan but I won't be near a HMV this weekend unfortunately. 

DW would've been awesome! Thanks anyways, buddy!

4 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I've never taken part in one of these. My understanding is that this is in-store only but someone else may be able to speak to that.

Yeah, just read in the OP that it's in-store-only... :/

A maximum of 1 unit per title per customer can be purchased. As an example, customers are able to buy one copy of each of the exclusive albums, but wouldn't be able to buy multiple copies of the same exclusive

Just worth bearing in mind, although last year my local HMV still had most titles in stock in the early afternoon. I'm not sure if there will be RSD type queues for the majority of titles on offer.

1 hour ago, Roandy55 said:

Just worth bearing in mind, although last year my local HMV still had most titles in stock in the early afternoon. I'm not sure if there will be RSD type queues for the majority of titles on offer.

Uh, hello, I'll be pitching my tent up on Friday for that Status Quo LP. GET TO THE BACK. 

@Sasan Will also keep an eye out for those Porcupine Tree ones, but, same situation as @Stress On The Sky, as I'm not exactly in a prime location (Hastings). 

I'm planning on braving Oxford Street HMV tomorrow since I really want that Suede LP (already have the black repress but it's one of my all-time favorite albums and I'm a sucker), has anyone actually done this event before? It's one of the bigger pressings at 2k so I'm not *super* worried but I'm gonna try to get there in the morning just in case.