Childish Gambino

http://sunsetintherearview.com/childish-gambino-signs-to-glassnote-records/

Not sure if Childish Gambino would be everybody's cup of tea. I certainly didn't expect it to be mine, but Culdesac was great and his EP was even better. After being fiercely independent and putting all his music out for free via the internet, he has signed to indie label Glassnote Records, who will be putting out his new full-length Camp later this year.

The most interesting part is this, taken from the article above:

This also means that the album will be released on vinyl as well as on iTunes.

No word if any of his back catalogue will be pressed though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donald Glover is hilarious, but he's an annoying rapper. Haven't been able to make it through any of his mixtapes, his flow is so monotonous and whiny.
agreed. The guy's talented but I think a lot of people act like they like it to seem cultured. (see also: kanye west). I saw him live (won tickets) and I was surprised at how un-clever and typically misogynistic his lyrics were.

Donald Glover is hilarious, but he's an annoying rapper. Haven't been able to make it through any of his mixtapes, his flow is so monotonous and whiny.
agreed. The guy's talented but I think a lot of people act like they like it to seem cultured. (see also: kanye west). I saw him live (won tickets) and I was surprised at how un-clever and typically misogynistic his lyrics were.

people like rap to "seem cultured"? i guess if they were being honest with themselves, they'd only be listening to caucasian christian emotional rock albums, right?

people like rap to "seem cultured"?

i didn't say that. i said childish gambino specifically. and i said "a lot of people". some people might really identify with "fuck a bitch to pass the time" and "e.e. cummin on her face" i just think he's capable of better things.

• 2 months later...
Not that I listen to a lot of rap at all, but Childish Gambino is my favourite hiphop by far.

I will buy anything he puts out

just listened to him because I saw this post, definately an awesome rapper. Next to Sage Francis, this is probably the only rap I have ever heard that I actually like...

Never heard of him until his performance on Jimmy Fallon a couple nights ago. Instantly won me over. He killed it.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2011/11/childish-gambino-performs-bonfire/

Here you can listen to Campfire whole: http://rapgenius.com/discussions/2076-Camp-leak

If anyone has a downloadable link, a PM would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...