5 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

haven't heard anything post achilles heel, but ill check it out

His solo work is killer. And whereas God, or religion may still be a topic of his music, the interviews he gives he's much clearer on his stance and his movement away from faith. The newest album, Blanco, just came out this year, it's really good.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

He's defected from Christianity over the last few years as well, definitely distanced himself from that stigma.

With lyrics like "You're a Goddamn fool" I'd say he's as far away from Christian as he can be musically now. Not so sure I like the new album as much as his last though.

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

haven't heard anything post achilles heel, but ill check it out

Spend some time with Strange Negotiations. I think you will really like it!

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Got my Jade Tree bundle

From Ashes Rise - Live Hell

Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Statistics - Leave Your Name

Jade Tree 25 Years

Cloak/Dagger - Lost Art

Pedro the Lion - Winners Never Quit

Pedro the Lion - It's Hard to Find a Friend

Pedro the Lion - Achilles Heel

Pedro the Lion - The Only Reason I Feel Secure

Trial by Fire - Ringing in the Dawn

Never heard any of these bands/records (except some of the stuff on the 25 year comp) so I'm pretty excited to check out some new shit.

...really hope I like Pedro the Lion

I really like Pedro the Lion. Makes me real sad.

That Statistics album is really fun too.

3 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

Decided to pull the trigger on that Jade Tree grab bag after seeing so many people end up with Pedro the Lion.. crossing my fingers I get as lucky.

I want to, but with my luck i'll get 5 Jade Tree 25 Year comps

Edited by THE_James_Champ

2 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

Decided to pull the trigger on that Jade Tree grab bag after seeing so many people end up with Pedro the Lion.. crossing my fingers I get as lucky.

It's only like $16ppd, so you can sell them all for $4 and make your money back if you hate them :p. I like when labels (one I like of course) do these cheap mystery packs. Good chance to check out new stuff, usually in a similar vein to other bands I like.

22 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

It's only like $16ppd, so you can sell them all for $4 and make your money back if you hate them :p. I like when labels (one I like of course) do these cheap mystery packs. Good chance to check out new stuff, usually in a similar vein to other bands I like.

Yeah, I'm a huge sucker for mystery bundles. More fun than getting a package where you already know the contents, plus you get to check out new shit. I'm way more likely to spin a record than listen to a new band on band camp or something.

2 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

How have I never watched Rick and Morty before?! Hooked!!

How have you never watched it before? It's so goooooood, dude. Be glad you're getting into it right now, less time to wait for season 3.

Have you ever checked out Clarence? Different humor, but I think equally as funny.

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

How have you never watched it before? It's so goooooood, dude. Be glad you're getting into it right now, less time to wait for season 3.

Have you ever checked out Clarence? Different humor, but I think equally as funny.

The sad frustrations of life got in the way. It's so good. I'll check out Clarence - never heard of it. (I'm so uncool). 

Just now, lastvaultboy said:

The sad frustrations of life got in the way. It's so good. I'll check out Clarence - never heard of it. (I'm so uncool). 

I mean...I wasn't gonna say it. :P

They're both really fun, Rick and Morty is definitely the more "adult" cartoon for sure, but Clarence is cute, relatively innocent and hilarious.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic