We were referring to when driving and we leave a little gap between us and the car in front.  In case the front car slams on breaks or something, we have space to react.

I don't think they're talking about parking, I think it's about while driving. You leave a space.

I think Sasan was being facetious.

Haha, ok...unfortunately, I wasn't being facetious, but misunderstood the whole thing! I was really thinking about a "safety space" when parking...there are a bunch of people who leave such a space when they park their car (but leave it small enough so no other car fits)! I hate this!

Recently, it's the "good Samaritan" who wants to let everyone go/turn in front of them, all the while having zero regard for the people behind them.

Also, I am convinced that I may be the only person in my area that knows how a four-way stop works.  

You don't get to stop a full car length behind the line then go.  

You need to STOP your car.  Me coming to a complete stop isn't the green light for you to roll on.

Use your GOD DAMNED turn signal.  How the hell is anyone supposed to know that you're turning left, jackass?

oh my god people here in NC just have no damn clue how four way/three way stops work. and god forbid a traffic light is out...few weeks ago i was waiting to turn left (had a blinking red) and this lady driving on the cross road (blinking yellow) just stopped. had no idea what she was supposed to do.

Haha, ok...unfortunately, I wasn't being facetious, but misunderstood the whole thing! I was really thinking about a "safety space" when parking...there are a bunch of people who leave such a space when they park their car (but leave it small enough so no other car fits)! I hate this!

nah i'm talking about leaving some room between you and the car in front of you while driving, like on the highway. cannot tell you how many times i've been following at a safe distance and had cars come up and cut me off and dart into the "space"

I've honked my horn maybe 5 times in 10 years of driving, and that includes the job I've had the last few years, which includes driving a few hours a day. One was just a few weeks ago, in my work van. I'm very clearly merging, blinker on, easing into the lane with plenty of space. This guy speeds up as to not let me in, but I keep going for a bit because fuck him. Finally, he's so committed to being a dick that I say forget it and let him gain a whole car length. He starts blasting his horn, I look over and this 70 year old man is so intense in his yelling I fear he may have a heart attack. So I slammed on my horn for a solid 1.5 seconds.

In my work van I can look down and see anyone I want very clearly - it's alarming the percentage of people that text. I think cell phones while driving should be made legal just to try and mitigate some of the texting.

I have this habit. We have a windy canyon that it generally takes 45 minutes to get to the end of to get to civilization. I don't drive slow. I'm generally at 5 to 10 mph over the speed limit. It's 55. Once in awhile I'll get a crazy person who wants to unnecessarily ride my ass. I'll pull over for them and then ride their ass. I just can't hang with that bullshit.

On the contrary, we get morons who want to drive 25 the whole way down. There are signs throughout that tell slower traffic to use turnouts to let people pass. Once we counted 15 cars behind the lead car. It took us well over an hour to get out of the canyon. I also hate all other drivers when I'm driving.

Funny that everyone is mentioning the 4-way stops. Here for the most part people are good about obeying them and going when it's their turn and treating them with respect. I chalk it up to years of practice when the power goes out after a hurricane hits and all intersections are without lights and people have no choice but to treat them as 4-way stops. 

Hurricane rules apply here. 

I live in San Diego in a pretty poor town I hate their Tijuana ways of driving. Say there is a two lane and I'm on the left and there's an opening up front, the car thinks they're clear to proceed into the very right lane but sometimes they turn too wide and I'm coming on full speed hate that shit. 

Also some other shit I hate is when I'm on a two lane and another car on the left is about going to same speed as I am and then the light up front turns yellow but the asshole on the left decides he wants to speed up and cut you off and then apply breaks those guys are just jerks. I don't like to wear out my brakes in a sudden halt the way that situation requires every time.

16 year olds shouldn't be allowed to drive in California. They're still in that mindset of untouchable.

I was parking at school way the fuck out in the parking lot, with 5 empty spaces on either side, and I come out from class to see a black mustang parked so close to my driver side there was about 6 inches in between us, keep in mind there's a fuckton of empty spaces on my otherside, and everywhere else. so I did what any sane person would do and i ripped my door open and gave them a huge ass dent. I almost thought about keying their car, but I restrained myself and left a note that said "You park like shit, fuckwad"

Funny that everyone is mentioning the 4-way stops. Here for the most part people are good about obeying them and going when it's their turn and treating them with respect. I chalk it up to years of practice when the power goes out after a hurricane hits and all intersections are without lights and people have no choice but to treat them as 4-way stops. 

Hurricane rules apply here. 

Everyone always says Florida drivers are the worst, but 90% of my road rage because of stupidity is caused by out of town plates (ESPECIALLY FUCKING QUEBEC)