PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Pictures you say? I put up this album on reddit when I got my gold copy the other day: http://imgur.com/a/weiMD

Now you're making me wonder how far I can get by just sounding official ;)

Also, I agree. It seems like the band's realizing they can get more royalties by doing their own reissues and is trash-talking the MOV-releases, so fans will buy theirs instead.

This... times a million. Ceds is just dark at the fact that MOV pipped him to the post. He's trying to dissuade others from buying the MOV press to ensure big sales for the nadie remasters, which will in all likelihood sound different enough for volta fanboys to buy a copy of for comparison. I will most likely not buy another copy unless my MOV is in bad shape when it arrives, or if the nadie copy is so different and awesome it demands purchase (I doubt it).

MOV are an awesome company getting on with pressing hard to find records at good prices (although they are often hi res digital copies they still sound the bomb). I applaud their moves, Volta should have just been quicker to it.

Listening to my gold copy atm. Overall it is ok, good sound, just the quality of the jacket is really poor for the price

I completely agree. Very satisfied with the sound on this, but the jacket is flimsy and the glossy cover seems sort of cheap. All in all, though, I'd pick this over the original any day. While it's not the worst picture disc I've heard it's still a picture disc, and there's so many badly warped copies out there...

My cop arrived 5 minutes ago, gold vinyl number 282, lowest MOV number I have it seems... havent played it yet (will do so later). The gatefold is great, not sure what else you could have wanted, short of cardboard inner sleeves. The cover colour is good (not over saturated like other releases from MOV have been) and it has a poster, inserts etc. This is great!

I completely agree. Very satisfied with the sound on this, but the jacket is flimsy and the glossy cover seems sort of cheap. All in all, though, I'd pick this over the original any day. While it's not the worst picture disc I've heard it's still a picture disc, and there's so many badly warped copies out there...

That's been a knock on MOV for me. Sure thin card stock (or whatever it is) for the covers. Premium price, cheaply produced.

ok son et lumiere -> Inertiatic esp... DYNAMICS KICK ASS! This version is seriously good. Quiet vinyl, pretty flat and sounds superb, talk about boogie. If your still trying to decide, just get it. Its that good.

Ok side 2 is a little noisy to begin with... bit of a shame. Still sounds mean.

Sad news! Unfortunately MOV at times can have noisy copies floating around...

Aside from the surface noise which is only really apparent on the quieter parts of the album, the SQ is great.  This is now my 2nd MOV release that doesn't live up to the reviews from others.  My other is AIC's Jar of Flies.  I've got some pretty bad inner groove distortion on that one.

Just for the record, I have some slight surface noise at the beginning of Side 1. Nothing major. Otherwise a GREAT sounding record.

Those who are super-concerned about the absence of noise might be better off grabbing the black copies, which should be even quieter.

The OP had a heavier jacket, but otherwise packaging was identical. Personally, I found those inner sleeves a bit tight so I moved my records into some regular poly sleeves. Gorgeous packaging tho.

#84!! Pretty sure this is my lowest MOV number by far.

I think it's extremely stupid that Cedric is just now making a fuss about these reissues. It's not like they just appeared out of thin air and dropped in people's mailboxes. He should've said something when these first got announced and would've stopped alot of people from buying a copy. This'll probably hurt the sales of their coming reissue on Nadie, cause I doubt people would want to buy yet another copy of this album. That is unless their reissues is some sort of super awesome box set or something.

I bought a carbon fiber mat that cut down majorly on my surface noise. You could also make a cork mat for super cheap going to Home Depot. My gold copy sounds great, and the numbering is on the back of my copy I believe.

Might be a silly question but I've always been curious as to how it exactly those mats cut down on surface noise. My cartridge is superb at picking up detail but that means it also magnifies any and all noise on my records. I'd be down for anything that could alleviate that.

I think it's extremely stupid that Cedric is just now making a fuss about these reissues. It's not like they just appeared out of thin air and dropped in people's mailboxes. He should've said something when these first got announced and would've stopped alot of people from buying a copy. This'll probably hurt the sales of their coming reissue on Nadie, cause I doubt people would want to buy yet another copy of this album. That is unless their reissues is some sort of super awesome box set or something.

Kind of funny that there are bootlegs of this album that were floating around a few months ago and that he's now crying about a version that is in fact NOT a bootleg. lol

Kind of funny that there are bootlegs of this album that were floating around a few months ago and that he's now crying about a version that is in fact NOT a bootleg. lol

Well, consider that there weren't press releases and official vinyl sales sites offering pre-orders and such (for the boot)... chances are he's never caught wind of the boot... or at least not until this MOV release drummed up his interest...