PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

I dunno, I have Mae - Destination:Beautiful on glow and it doesn't sound bad.

I kinda suspect it's mastered from the CD, although I haven't cared enough to do research, but it doesn't seem like it's an effect of the glow necessarily. I That's the only glow one I have so I'm probably very ignorant on the subject

*makes good music sound like crap

Sorry couldn't resist :P

1491654_10152303501261465_54504899187866

If this pic is legit, it looks like the vinyl WILL have labels... also that poster.... *drools*

I too am very excited simply by the inclusion of these labels. I actually think it would be gorgeous if at least one of the labels was the image from the CD label. That would be jizz-worthy. Sorry for the nerd-out.

I think the initial announcement of this press put me into a state of shock because I am only just now feeling giddy and getting butterflies over certain aspects of what its going to be like to own this LP. Or maybe I've just had too much coffee today after not having any for almost a week.

I'm not saying it is legit, but using Photoshop wouldn't automatically mean it is fake. Mocking up things like this in PS for press or marketing purposes is pretty standard. 

It's also pretty standard for the finished product to look nothing like the mock ups.

I also think it's pretty safe to assume that the new press will have labels, which is what I think some people are worried about. The only reason the OG press had no labels was because, as has been stated AD NAUSEUM, it was a picture disc.

As always, I could be wrong.

Lol that's OBVIOUSLY Photshopped.

Now that you mention it, the cover on the gatefold seems to be particularly higher quality than the quality of all the other objects in the shot. Still as stated by Zephyrson, that doesn't mean that's not what the final product will actually reflect when its physically assembled.

It's also pretty standard for the finished product to look nothing like the mock ups.

I also think it's pretty safe to assume that the new press will have labels, which is what I think some people are worried about. The only reason the OG press had no labels was because, as has been stated AD NAUSEUM, it was a picture disc.

I think they would have taken way too much time with this particular mockup for it to not be what they intend it to look like. Usually the mock ups that are completely false and don't look shit like what they final product is are the ones that are just the cover pictured flat in the frame with part of the LP disc partially "rolled" out from under the cover image. Like the super shiny gold one that has been seen for the gold variant of this DITC press.

I think they would have taken way too much time with this particular mockup for it to not be what they intend it to look like. Usually the mock ups that are completely false and don't look shit like what they final product is are the ones that are just the cover pictured flat in the frame with part of the LP disc partially "rolled" out from under the cover image. Like the super shiny gold one that has been seen for the gold variant of this DITC press.

The two labels are also exactly the same though.

Indicating what exactly? I'm not being shitty I just honestly fail to see what that would prove. I know that sentence comes off with a lot of attitude when read back but I couldn't possibly be more sincere right now. Just wanted to be clear about that.

I'm wondering where the reflection is coming from, on that second LP extending from the jacket.

I'm certain that the physical LP's in that photo are really physical LP's but I think that the labels are superimposed to reflect this release as opposed to which ever physical release was originally pictured.

Indicating what exactly? I'm not being shitty I just honestly fail to see what that would prove. I know that sentence comes off with a lot of attitude when read back but I couldn't possibly be more sincere right now. Just wanted to be clear about that.

When have you ever seen labels that were exactly the same without specifying side A,B,C, or D?

The poster is also wrong, that's just one of the alternate covers blown up. The original poster had the face in the center

Actually, to me it looks like both of those labels are different.

Check out the photos from the bootleg that appeared a few months ago.

Same vinyl labels.

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=5211738

Compare:

1491654_10152303501261465_54504899187866

to these:

R-5211738-1389054619-4581.jpeg

R-5211738-1389054614-7221.jpeg

R-5211738-1389054606-5920.jpeg

R-5211738-1389055182-6773.jpeg

... this leads me to believe that the boot from a few months ago was made perhaps using the same plates and materials for this repress.

Is it possible someone at the plant was able to sneakily press ~500 copies with the plates used for this official repress?

Actually, to me it looks like both of those labels are different.

Check out the photos from the bootleg that appeared a few months ago.

Same vinyl labels.

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=5211738

No they aren't. Even the one that you can see all of in the "mock up" isn't the same. The "mock up" just has the visible one tilted to the side and pixelated

Totally agree.

Most of the MOV releases I have are fine, but the packaging isn't too special or anything to get really excited about. Typically similar to the original, not many liberties taken and the quality is average or a little above. 

When have you ever seen labels that were exactly the same without specifying side A,B,C, or D?

The poster is also wrong, that's just one of the alternate covers blown up. The original poster had the face in the center

Maybe that is just the image they chose to make the poster out of. I don't see why the poster has to be the exact same image as the OP.

Also I don't believe the labels pictured are exactly the same. It looks like the label that is covered mostly by the jacket is actually part of the image of the water grassy bridge.

mars-volta-deloused-in-the-comatorium-20

Maybe that is just the image they chose to make the poster out of. I don't see why the poster has to be the exact same image as the OP.

Also I don't believe the labels pictured are exactly the same. It looks like the label that is covered mostly by the jacket is actually part of the image of the water grassy bridge.

mars-volta-deloused-in-the-comatorium-20

Are you looking at it with a phone or something? It clearly isn't that.

Looking on a computer screen. Whatever that image IS, it CLEARLY is NOT the same exact image as the label that is shown in full on the disc that is in the foreground of that picture.

Yeah because it's pixelated. You can see the slight sliver of the face on the left. Why is it so important that this is real to you guys? This won't be out for more than a month this is just an excited fans creation.

Yeah because it's pixelated. You can see the slight sliver of the face on the left. Why is it so important that this is real to you guys? This won't be out for more than a month this is just an excited fans creation.

Wrong.  See my post above.   This isn't a fan creation, it was posted on MOV's Facebook.

The picture that you guys are debating, came from MOV themselves, and was posted on their facebook timeline when they made the announcement:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152303501261465&set=a.448602556464.218760.196084891464&type=1&stream_ref=10

I stand corrected. It still isn't that other label though! :P