PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Wow $12 difference in price and not through their web store so you can't even get the $5 discount.  I no longer have anything good to say about this store.  Must've realized they missed out on extra money by selling the red Brand New albums at face value.  Glad I went with SRC.

Edit: 58 silver copies left at SRC for any of you holdouts.

Wow $12 difference in price and not through their web store so you can't even get the $5 discount.  I no longer have anything good to say about this store.  Must've realized they missed out on extra money by selling the red Brand New albums at face value.  Glad I went with SRC.

Edit: 58 silver copies left at SRC for any of you holdouts.

Was hoping they would get gold so I could use that coupon. The price on their site for black isn't that great and the price on that ebay listing is just scummy

...it matches the album artwork better than silver, even if it is less limited. It's not like I'm going to be reselling this anyway, so I'm sticking with the version that appeals more to my aesthetic taste.

Wouldn't be surprised if the gold becomes the higher valued. There's 16500 silver copies(according to discogs) and the pictures of the gold looks really good.

Wouldn't be surprised if the gold becomes the higher valued. There's 16500 silver copies(according to discogs) and the pictures of the gold looks really good.

There will be 3500 gold and 1500 silver.

As Dreamover said it looks like you were looking at the OG press that was on silver picture disc and has a pressing of over 10k.

So word from the band is that they're remastering and reissuing Deloused? is this the new mix, or will there be another separate vinyl release?

Tremulant is coming out today at launch. There are issues with deloused that came up right as we were trying to launch and is what has pushed everything back by 24 hours. We are going to launch without it today and do another promotion with Tremulant. It will include either a download code for Deloused when it is released (same deal as AM) or another promotion. Deloused WILL be happening as either vinyl, download, or both and it is very cool. It's Omar and Rick's original mixes they did together and it's a lot more raw from what I've heard.

Ok! Sounds like the band is finally putting out that Deloused LP reissue. Original mix, too. Glad I didn't go for a MOV. MOVs packaging is cheap, and all my OP of TMV albums have nice packaging. Even Amputechture has tip-on heavyweight jackets. This I'd pay $45 for.

What website is this news coming from?

What does "at launch" mean?

Ok! Sounds like the band is finally putting out that Deloused LP reissue. Original mix, too. Glad I didn't go for a MOV. MOVs packaging is cheap, and all my OP of TMV albums have nice packaging. Even Amputechture has tip-on heavyweight jackets. This I'd pay $45 for.

What website is this news coming from?

What does "at launch" mean?

I think you misunderstand, I'm almost certain that this release that the band is talking about IS the MOV release.

so they launched nadiesound.com today. right now you can buy the remastered version of tremulant. the original mix of deloused was supposed to be released too but there was an issue with it. they're saying that the original mixes will indeed get released as download like they've been doing the bandcamp downloads for the new band on nadiesound.com and MIGHT get released on vinyl too. it looks like that would be a completely separate release with never before heard, more-raw, mixes.

so they launched nadiesound.com today. right now you can buy the remastered version of tremulant. the original mix of deloused was supposed to be released too but there was an issue with it. they're saying that the original mixes will indeed get released as download like they've been doing the bandcamp downloads for the new band on nadiesound.com and MIGHT get released on vinyl too. it looks like that would be a completely separate release with never before heard, more-raw, mixes.

Thanks, figured that out by going to the band camp link for antemasque. Also a new Antemasque track. VERY Led Zepplin-esque. Still not loving it like TMV, but it still may grow on me.

As excited this makes me it seems a little overkill on a short time.

The band probably had nothing to do with the license to MOV. So, it happens from time to time, and really, MOV probably just holds the Euro pressing rights. MOV get slapped on the wrist by Warner(I think) for allowing their presses into the US without distro rights (or something like that) last year. There's a lot if crap to licensing music and majors are expensive, if they give out the rights to begin with.

The band probably had nothing to do with the license to MOV. So, it happens from time to time, and really, MOV probably just holds the Euro pressing rights. MOV get slapped on the wrist by Warner(I think) for allowing their presses into the US without distro rights (or something like that) last year. There's a lot if crap to licensing music and majors are expensive, if they give out the rights to begin with.

complete speculation: but it's very possible that MOV got wind that the band was releasing new mixes and thought they should get these records out ASAP. 

Have the black been any cheaper than the colored versions?

Not yet, but all the MOV releases lately (Temple of the Dog, Faith No More, etc,) and older as well, are always available on EBay and Amazon via discount sellers. Sometimes the prices are good, and sometimes they are great! It's also not unheard of to get a color vinyl from some of the really large presses. I got a gold album of the year from an amazon seller for cheap.